Chapter 29

*BEFORE READING* please note that this story is my copyright! Plagiarism in intolerable and is punishable by law.*
PLEASE report if you find my work is copyrighted. Your help will be rewarded.
Enjoy reading....

Peyton's POV

Last night I expected Soren to be insistent that we stay in the same room together, but he persuaded that I needed the bed space to heal and if we had lain in the same bed he wasn't sure he'd behave. I giggled as he admitted that. I thought it was really cute, but at the same time my face heated up from the mere prospect of what he meant.

This morning I woke up to Soren staring aimlessly at me from a chair across the room.

"Soren, how long have you been watching me sleep?" I said hiking up the sheets to the bottom of my chin. Not that I needed to hide anything—I was still wearing his shirt by the way.

"I woke up at five today, its eight thirty now, so about three hours and a half." He said, casually getting up and sitting down at my side. I snaked my arms around his waist and he followed my movements cautious with the healing bruises across my side.

He kissed me on the top of my head like he always did and murmured, "I love you, babe."

I sighed with contentment, "Is this how you plan to wake me up each morning now." I smiled into his shirt.

"No" I pulled away, not too far from his grasp and looked at him in disappointment. My discontent erased as I saw the cocky smirk on his face. "I plan to wake up each day with you in my arms and us in the same bed." He finished.

"You're such a dork" Pulling the top of his shirt, I inched his lips closer to mine until it met mine. "Don't forget the good morning kiss." I remarked.

He smirked, "Why, love...I think you are one step ahead of this game!"

"Oh, so this is a game to you now, is it?" I played along. He bent down and licked the tip of my nose. EWW... "SOREN, that's gross!" I said rubbing my dog slobbered nose with the back of my palm and hit him lightly on the shoulder.

He laughed and jumped away. "Get ready and put something nice on."

"Why where we going" My voice didn't hide the excitement.

"It's a secret!" He winked, "Be quick, I want to leave before anyone else decides to stop us." He said closing the door.

When I was done, I wore a simple white camisole and skinny jeans. I didn't want to do anything fancy with my hair, so I tied in up into a messy ponytail the way Sam taught me. If she was here, she'd probably comment that I looked like some old plane Jane.

"Hey beautiful," Soren walked up from behind me and wrapped his arms around my back. "That was fast," he smiled. I looked down and blushed to see him wearing his jeans hanging low on his waist, his perfect lean muscles shown on display and his shirt draped over one shoulder.

"What did I tell you about not wearing shirts out in the public?" I frowned grabbing the shirt and pulling it over his head so he would but it on.

He chuckled and his eyes twinkled in mischief. "That you get jealous that women drool over my awesome body."

That big head of his again...

"I do not get jealous! I'm just trying to save you from a crime of public indecency," that made him laugh harder.

"Peyton, if you know what's coming to you, I suggest you buy a pack of pepper spray because this big bad wolf will blow your house down!" He howled, like literally! I blushed scarlet and faced both my palms on my face to cool it down.