Chapter 3

*BEFORE READING* please note that this story is my copyright! Plagiarism in intolerable and is punishable by law.*

Enjoy reading....

[Peyton]

Like most days, after school I end up walking home alone. My sisters are usually busy doing whatever and Derrick is spending time with his mate or handling Alpha matters with my father. Being a white wolf, I have tight security. I know my dad wouldn't leave me unsupervised. If I even tried looking, I'd sense dad's best trackers hidden somewhere watching.

Redwood High school is a 45 minute walk away from my pack house in the middle of the woods, guarded by heavy tall trees and a large mile wide foggy lake that surrounded the perimeter. My pack, the ISTAS "snow" pack well enriched and the only way across the lack is our private speed boat or to drive under the lake through a secret underground road that Derrick usually drives through getting us to school.

My dad did offer me a ride but I would much rather walk and appreciate nature. This walk would not tire me like it would a normal person. My level of endurance was much more higher.

As I neared the private boat I noticed Sebastian our helmsman refill the fuel. Usually when he refueled the boat it meant we had visitors in our land.

"Seb, do we have visitors today?" It was rare for us to have visitors. There must have been a meeting my dad didn't inform us of.

He scratched his grizzly beard and nodded his head. "Ay, seven if I counted right, went home today with Alpha Ivan and Ricky Boy."Ricky Boy, being Derrick.

He responded closing the fuel latch. "Real fine men they were, young and one of them was a young Alpha. Your Da said they be staying for the time being."

Men, does the world have to torture me?

"The gal's ready for a run, little Miss, hop on!" Seb untied the rope from the dock and he took my hand as I stepped into the boat.

As soon as I enter our beautiful Victorian pack house, I immediately sensed the seven new visitors. Their scents were different compared to everyone else in the territory. Like all wolves, we get territorial. My wolf slightly surfaced inside my head telling me to keep myself in high alert. They smelt of absolute masculinity, so I can guess all 7 of them were male.

I turned a corner and saw my mother's wide smile first.

"Peyton, welcome home dear, how was school?" Mom walked in the foyer wiping her soaked hands on a dry hand towel. She must have finished washing the laundry herself again.

"Boring, nothing new..." I said hanging my coat in the coat closet and dropping my backpack on an empty chair.

"I didn't send you to school to be bored. Do I need to call the school?" She teased.

"Relax mom, I did learn interesting facts from school. But it wasn't something I've already learned from the books in dad's library. I'm guilty of fell asleep in class and the teachers didn't mind it. I'm sure I wasn't the only one. My grades are still above average."

She rolled her eyes, "Sometimes I think your father shouldn't have forced you to attend school. You're already learning stuff from Alex's college textbooks! Why do you do that? Let me be a mother for once, and scold you for not studying," she whines.

"Leave her alone and let her do what she wants--being boring." Sam walks through the door with a lollipop rolling around her lips.

She wore her hot pink fluffy boots and white cut off shorts around the house today strutting her perfect long legs. She added extra swing to her hips as she walked onward. The guests must be something if Sam was dressing this desperate.