Chapter 45

*BEFORE READING* please note that this story is my copyright! Plagiarism in intolerable and is punishable by law.*
PLEASE report if you find my work is copyrighted. Your help will be rewarded.
Enjoy reading....

"Soren, the baby isn't developed yet, it's only a few weeks old." Peyton chuckled, running her fingers through my hair

We plan to announce our good news to the pack as soon as her family arrives for lunch today. Alpha Ivan reluctantly accepted our invitation because of the Mandy situation, but with Ashley and Peyton's persuasion he eventually gave in. 

 "I think I hear the baby!" i exclaimed, probing my fingertips over the fabric of her shirt and tracing her curves to find a defined bump. It's highly improbable to find one, but I'm just a really excited new dad. 

"Sorry hun, but that's the breakfast quiche I made this morning." She laughed. 

I got off of my knees and took her hands. "I bet you our kid's first will be 'dada'." 

Her lip made that cute pout, the same one that she usually made when she didn't have her way. "What are you going to do when he/she says mama first?" 

I just shrugged. I didn't really care actually as long as both my wife and child will have a safe healthy labor and quick enough so that Peyton wouldn't experience too much pain.

Lately, Peyton has grown fond of rubbing her flat tummy and I guess that is signs of motherly instinct kicking in, but  as for me, my daddy instincts haven't woken yet. It's freaking me our! What the heck am i supposed to do once the baby is born? I was so persistent about having kids the idea of being a dad never actually came to me.

I blame my wolf instincts to procreate. 

"Thought up of any names?" I asked her, trying to distract myself.

Her pony tail swished from side to side as she nodded. 

"Soten" I looked at her as if she just pulled a joke on me. "Isn't it nice for a boy or girl? It's our names put together--Soren and Peyton--Soten. "

Our kid was not going to be named that--no way.

 How was I going to put it lightly? "Not that it isn't great, babe, but I don't thing our kid would like to be called So-Ten." I could already imagine he/she bullied with a name like that. 

Picture it now...Our daughter being picked up by guys...

Hey girl, you're hot, If you were a contestant at a bikini contest and i were a judge. I would SO give you a TEN!  I'd punch-in that little boys face for saying that to my daughter. As for a son, Soten would be too smiler to my name, I don't want him and me to be mixed up in conversations.

"We have a lot of time to think up names."

Her face twisted in disappointment. "What's wrong, you don't like it?"  

"No..." I lie. "It's got a ring to it, but maybe we should leave our options open--give some more thought to it. This is our kid we're talking about and a name is a very important part of it's identity. I don't want to decide so quickly." I explained.  

"You're become too smart for your own good." She said. I didn't know whether to consider it a tone of sarcasm or a complement. 

"Peyton, Soren!" Mom came charging at as from across the hallway. "I was looking for you too!" She stopped in front of us and the first thing she noticed was Peyton's hand on her tummy. "Tummy ache?" She speculated.  

Peyton dropped her hand to her side and I automatically let go of her other hand as if we were two teenagers caught making out inside a locked room. Mom's eyes looked between between us and one of her brows perked up in suspicion.