[18] Sweet Kiss | Part 2

The cheers echoed throughout the hall, and Yume smiled happily as her heart pounding. Tired, she slowly walk away into the backstage, while the crowd awaited for the next participant in the audition, for this month's upcoming festival.

As she rested on the chair placed on the side, her legs began to feel like jelly and soon, her whole body had no energy to move from her spot. That's when her vision began to blur, and her vision suddenly blacked out on her. Before her strained body had fallen forwards to hit the floor, two arms reached out and held her tightly, within their grip.

                                                                                                         ~ In the Nurse's Office ~

Her eyelashes fluttered and she began to shift in her spot. It was warm, very warm...too warm!" Yume kicked the blanket that laid on her, and snuggled to the mattress below her.

"Hey," A voice called out from nearby, but Yume didn't care. All she wanted was to sleep. Sleep...that's all that mattered! "Hey! Boiled Octopus!" That made snap out of her daze, and abruptly sit up on bed. Her vision was still unclear, and all she could see was a splash of brown, in front of her. Soon after, her vision cleared up and she realised that it was Subaru who was sitting next to her. She blinked a few times and turned her head, to look around. "Where am I?" She asked herself.

Realising her worries, he answered her question. "We're in the Nurse's Office, you fainted behind in the backstage. You should be grateful that I would actually help you, Boiled Octopus."

                                                                                                           ~ Flashback ~

Before her strained body had fallen forwards to hit the floor, two arms reached out and held her tightly, within their grip. He held her warm body, closer his chest as he tried to carry her weight.

"She must eat way too much, for an ordinary girl." He commented, but then the sudden clap of footsteps came near. He turned to meet with a familiar purple-head. Her eyes widened as she began to turn all flustered.

"Ah! I'll leave you two alone!" She panicked as she turned around, to leave the two alone.

"You've got it all wrong!" He answered back without hesitation, but couldn't hide the fainted pink coming over his cheeks. Koharu stopped in her place, and turned around to see Yume. "She fainted after her performance. I'm going to bring her to the Nurse's Office." He explained, and heaved Yume onto his back and gripped his hand, below her knees. Naturally, Yume wrapped her arms around his neck, and snuggle onto his back for warmth.

"Oh! Then, I'll get her stuff in the changing room. Thank you very much." She bowed, and scurried off, leaving the two alone once again. Ruining the silence, Subaru sighed and began walking towards his destination, with a Boiled Octopus attached to him.

                                                                                                       ~ End of Flashback ~

He stated with a smirk, that always seemed to heat Yume up, in anger.

"Don't ca-" Before she could finish the rest, a cough escaped her mouth as she began to realise how dry her throat was.

"Here, have this." He threw a wrapped-candy at her lap. "It'll help." Accepting the candy, she unwrapped the candy and consumed it, in her mouth.

After a while, she commented with a happy smile.

"It's delicious!" She played with the wrapper in her finger, and smiled goofily.

"Well, I guess it's my time to leave now." Subaru said, as he began to move towards the door, but before he could take any steps. He was pulled back, and had nearly fell back.