Destruction

Mrs. Jackson Point Of View

I wasn't the best mother, but I tried my hardest to be all that I could. I didn't have the proper mother figure back in my younger days not that that's an excuse but it's the truth. I found myself being hard on Sky because I wanted the best for her. I knew hanging out all night she would go down the wrong path and that path always lead to destruction.

Slamming the car door behind me I got out of the car grunting in pain due to a sharp pain striking me in my left chest. "God give me strength"

Now if this gal don't bring her tail to this door. I called her and told her that I was pulling in ... in the mist of carrying on sky opened the door. 

"Hey mom ... you looking cute girl yass"

"Thanks darling you and my handsome grandson ready" I smiled politely reaching out for my gbaby car seat handle. "Wheewwww baby you heavy" I walked back to my car Sky made me instantly stop in my tracks. "Gal if you don't move"

"Look ma'am I'm trying to open the door for you" now move aside I don't need you dropping my baby.

I rolled my eyes at her giggling before bending over to strap Braylen down in his car seat. Instead of turning him facing the seat he was facing our direction.

I got back into the car looking in the review mirror "your mommy need to come on" I said placing my key into the ignition switch turning over... Rrrrr rrrrrr rrrrrrr... "son of a bi..." sky walked up to the driver side looking concerned while holding Braylen diaper bag.

"Everything good ... we can just take my car if you can't get the car to crank"

Plopping my head on the steering wheel in distress all I could do was cry out and question my struggles. Why did everything have to be difficult for me lord what was it that I was doing wrong to deserve all of this.

"Mom chill it's good" sky said unstrapping Braylen from the backseat.

"How are we going to go anywhere and I'm parked directly behind you?" I questioned giving sky a confused look.

"We wasn't going to be able to go anywhere with my baby facing front direction" sky laughed ... "but nah fr... Woman get your butt out of the car" sky demanded heading towards her 2018 Kia Forte.

"Oooo I like this when did you get this?" I questioned her as a smile appeared across my face.

"Well your girl hustled up on some money and made it happen you like it?"

"Yes I like it it's beautiful baby"

Sky had us listening to some artist name Gunna or whomever I don't know I was too old to keep up with all the latest rappers, but he was pretty Dope and I was even more happy that my baby and I was bonding.

"Dope ... where you learned that word from?"sky giggled swerving on two wheels into the parking lot.

"I'm old but not too old. Don't forget I was once your age. I said pressing on my imaginary brake pads holding onto the side of the seat.

"Thank GOD we made it ... I said adjusting my wig that Sky made shift.

__________________________________

Sky and I stayed approximately 45mins in the grocery store buying groceries. We changed our mind 5 times undecided on what we'd eat. Finally we decided to do bake bbq pork chops, cabbage greens, sweet corn bread, black-eye pease and corn. I
Also decided to get my favorite wine.

I could tell by Sky demeanor that she was frustrated, but of course I didn't want to kill the mood so I decided I wouldn't say anything I figured it would be best for her just to come to me once she was ready to talk.

___________________________________

Pulling up I noticed a lot of cars was surrounding my house. "I know damn well Jimmy don't have all these folks in my shit...." Looking over at Sky I could tell the whole mode was gone down the drain.

"Just park by the mailbox I'll be back let me see what's going on...."

Swinging the door open I jumped out the car "literally" I was walking so fast to the door baby I was 38 hot.

I opened the door and of course Jimmy had all the boys over gambling and playing cards. "JIMMY ... your company need to go my grand baby and daughter is in the car and I don't want them around this" ....

Wait ... why was I explaining myself in MY HOUSE! I wasn't obligated to go into details about shit.

"Y'all need to go...."

I could tell Jimmy was embarrassed he came running to me throwing his arms out "but baby ....."

"But baby nothing Jimmy they need to go...."

"You trip about every fucking thing god damn! How you think shit around her getting paid? Because of ME I should be able to have my brothers here when ever I want... I'm not telling nobody to leave your daughter haven't been coming around what she around for now?

I stood there in disbelief before my mouth went to going "what I will not allow you to do is speak on my damn daughter okay..... you real...." before I could get my last sentence out I was cut off I heard my daughter voice.

"Bitch you got me all kinds of fucked up I can walk in the motherfucka when I please this MY MOMMY SHIT! Nigga she don't need you period with out without you best believe her bills gone get paid. Bitch ass nigga get the fuck out you and yo friends ...."

"SKY BABY SKY LET IT GO...."

"Let it go momma you gone allow this goofy nigga to disrespect your crib and speak on your ONLY DAUGHTER? Look I'm going to tell you like this either you make him and his home boys leave or I leave..."

"Jimmy go ... I said looking down at the floor as if the floor and I was holding a conversation.

"Alright fine... you know what I'll have all my shit out by tomorrow make sure your daughter handle your bills from here on out." Jimmy brushed pass me grabbing his beer of the counter as his boys trailed him out.