Postpartum

SKY POINT OF VIEW

Sheessssh .... "Go to sleep go to sleep go to sleep mommy precious baby" I sang rocking Braylen back and forth trying to put him back to sleep.

I was so exhausted this mommy lifestyle was new to me, but came natural. I refuse to fail my son. I want him to have everything plus more that I've never had.

Once I put Braylen to sleep i placed him into his bassinet.

"Finally..." I mumbled to myself walking out of Braylen nursery.

"Sooo what should I do today"... I questioned myself plopping down on the couch pulling out my phone. Postpartum was really getting the best of me. I wasn't having sducidal thoughts about harming myself nor my child, but unfortunately I was depressed all the time and lonely.

I scroll down Pinterest looking for a receipt to cook. I figured I'd find something small and simple since I was going to be the only one eating.

Incoming call from "SLAY QUEEN❤️" appeared across my screen... of course it was my mom calling I debated for a minute if I wanted to answer or not.

"Yes ma'am ..." I blurted into the phone waiting on a reply.

"Well damn hey, how are you? We didn't sleep together last night. What are you and my baby Braylen doing?"

"He's asleep, and I'm just sitting here scrolling through my phone looking for something good to cook. Any ideas?" I questioned her placing her on speaking phone so I could resume back to Pinterest.

"Well... shall we go to the grocery store and you come over for dinner?"

I thought to myself for a brief second ... "uhhh sure yeah why not. I'll be ready in the next hour."

"Okay Sky, ill see you in a little while."

I loved the fact that my mom and I bond became stronger. It's like since I had Braylen she's been there for me every step of the way. Of course she continued to have niggas in and out of her life but despite all of that she was actually making a change and that made me ignore her flaws and appreciate her effort.

___________________________________
20 mins

I had all Braylen belongings together. I went through a checklist in my head to be sure that I retrieved everything. I still didn't master this whole concept of timed format. Damn near 20 minutes went by and I still didn't have myself together.

I decided to do a quick but yet cute style. I pulled my hair into a messy bun. "She A Winner feat City Girls" echoed throughout the bathroom as I laid my baby hairs with an old toothbrush. Once I brushed my teeth and ass I put on my white jeans with my denim tight fitted blouse and my brown rope sandals. Most times I need a purse to complete the outfit BUT not anymore. Braylen baby bag was now my purse!

Walking out of the bathroom I lowered the volume on my phone so I wouldn't wake bray up. I noticed I still didn't receive a call from Eric. Usually I would've heard from him by now. I decided I'd give him a call before my time was tied up.

"You've been forward to an automatic voicemail system ..." CLICKKKK!

If y'all still leave voicemails "your mom a hoe" nah but for real that shit mad annoying. Anywho back to the storyyyy!

Maybe I was tripping he haven't even been gone a whole day. He just left for his business trip and maybe he was tied up.

I walked into the kitchen to fix some water and grab my Apple Watch off the charger.

My ring tone blasted throughout the house causing Braylen to wake up and cry.

"Dammit yo stupid ass should've answered the first time" I blurted out in anger before approaching my phone I noticed it wasn't Eric but it was my mom.

"Helllo.."

"Hey, open the door I'm outside."