Chapter 69

I sat there, in this big empty room staring aimlessly out of the huge window. I had to ring my mother, I needed to hear her voice...

"Mum?" I answered,

"Jodie? Is that you hunny?" As soon as I heard her voice I started to sob, "...Jodie?"

"I'm here" my voice wavered,

"What's the matter? You sound like you're crying? Are you crying?"

"I've just... I just want to be home" I held my head,

"Come home then. Jodie what's wrong?"

"I don't know how to tell you this..." I sighed and sniffled up,
"Today I... I found out I was pregnant.."

"What?!" She squealed,
"Seriously?" She sounded so happy, it broke my heart even more,

"I've just had it aborted." I broke down to the sound of her stumped silence...
"Mum I'm so sorry" I sobbed,

"Oh my god darling, oh Jodie... Please don't cry my baby"

"There was nothing I could do... I feel so awful"

"You know..." She sighed,
"Sometimes we are faced with these really tough, life altering decisions, and well, obviously your natural instinct told you what you had to do, are you at the clinic now?"

"No... No I'm in California... with Marshall"

"Where is he? Is he helping you?"

"I saw his doctor, I don't know where he is"

"He's left you on your own? Are you fucking kidding me?" When my mother swore that's when she was really angry or cross, I looked around the room and at the door, still no sign...

"I think he's gone to make a call... I'm not sure" I sighed,

"I think you should get a flight home tonight as soon as you can, you can not deal with this on your own out there. Where is Karlie?"

"She's back in Detroit with her Aunty"

"And was it Marshall's idea? This abortion? What, is he too famous to have a baby by you?"

"No mum, it was a mutual agreement, honestly.."

"You found out today Jodie, you haven't even slept on it, you haven't even discussed this with your parents or with your best friend? He's just flew in his doctor like no tomorrow to abort that little baby without even thinking about it, that is disgusting! What a monster!"

"Mum don't call him that! We both decided right then and there, he said he would support me with whatever I decided"

"It's mind manipulation Jodie, he knows that you're sooo wrapped up with him that you'll subconsciously do what he wants you to do. Did he put up a fight and say hold on, I want this baby, I'm in love with you, what more could I ask for?"

"No, but that's not how he is.."

"STOP making excuses for him. He's too famous for a girl like you, Jodie he would have seen it as bad press, a distraction from his career, that's all that baby would have meant to him, a distraction"

"Don't you even dare! He was as upset as me! I was the one who wanted the abortion mum, me! He couldn't bare to even be in the room when I did it, he loves being a father, you don't know him like I know him, not one person does"

"He couldn't bare being in that room because of guilt! Are you blind? I told you not to get involved with some rapper who'll be sleeping around with god knows how many models and groupies with his other rapper friends, you need to get out of this crazy make-believe world he's had you locked away in, I mean it I want you to come home or your father will come and get you at the airport tomorrow first thing"