Chapter 39

THE SUMMARY

After Marshall left to go back home to Detroit the conversations between him and Jodie thinned out and eventually faded into nothing.
Shooting for his film, helping co-produce Obie Trices album, creating music with D12 and for himself, interviews, promoting the new albums and his new artists and shooting new music videos had created complications and distance between them. He was a rising star with booming success and be catapulted into fame of the highest level and being in constant demand left him no time to stop, think or feel.
This had an extremely negative impact on
Jodie who found it extremely difficult to be able to conceal her emotional strain but still she managed to carry on with normal everyday life. Though she struggled immensely during the week with being sober, she somehow turned to binge drinking and partying big at the weekends, she would often go to a backstreet bar notorious for Polaroid pictures, whiskey and pole dancing, it was a grungy club where people would party without no interference from the young and immature, it was more for the care free kind who wanted to get fucked up and chill. It was here that she got acquainted with the two club owners who also owned a big ass mansion decorated in a old vintage style where there would take professional photos of beautiful rich woman who would be photographed all around the house where they would stay each weekend and take drugs and party, the rich and famous would be able to enter this house completely anonymously and the girls identities on the photos were always kept concealed unless they agreed to having their faces posted on the private website which was members only and to be an online member basic subscriptions began at £160.00 per month, sometimes celebrity models would stay the weekends as special guest appearances.
Karlie never supported what Jodie's new weekend lifestyle consisted of but remained to be her only straight-headed friend, and offered Jodie an outlet when she needed to break down to her, which was very often, following her euphoric drug fuelled weekends came severe anxious comedowns when reality kicked in. Her life was a beautiful mess, an up and down yoyo of sobriety and addiction that was hard to unhinge from.
Throughout the week she maintained her usual job, to keep up appearances, not that she needed the income because the party house was paying insane amounts for her to party in her underwear and to be intimate with the other models for entertainment purposes, they too could sleep with the clients but it was optional to them and she never slept with any of the men or woman that came to party, no matter how big of a tip was offered. She was deep into the partying and it was starting to show, however she'd keep her reflection well preserved with beauty treatments, chemical peels, sunbeds and routine salon appointments but inside she was extremely unhealthy following a dangerously low calorie ketogenic diet and obsessive gym routine, she was wasting away for the sake of vanity and numbness.

 She was deep into the partying and it was starting to show, however she'd keep her reflection well preserved with beauty treatments, chemical peels, sunbeds and routine salon appointments but inside she was extremely unhealthy following a dangero...

Rumours swirled around of Em dating various celebrities such as Mariah Carey which had soon turned sour and then shortly after the '8 Mile' premier his co-star Brittany Murphy admitted on a David Letterman appearance that the two were dating but the romance off screen "came and went"