Held Captive

Edmund looked at the Sword. He almost forgot that the Sword's fae powers is supported by the Sapphire Gem Cross on it, with the boost of the minerals and pearls embedded on the sword. He unsheathed it and ponted it to Marina's neck.

"Where is it?" he asked. Marina just gave him a smirk.

"Try to remember what the fairy in Serenity's dream told you. Oh, and you are still not paying us, the merrows, enough for that Sword." she said. Edmund raised his eyebrow at her, confused and havng totally no idea of what she's alking about.

"'Offer your heart to the merrow princess' and 'choose between your two jewels... Is that it?" James asked.

"Exactly." she replied. They noticed Aquarina's expression grew bright and gave Edmund goosebumps that he hated the most.

He looked at Aquarina, then to Arianne. If he wants to own the Sword, he has to come with Aquarina. But if he does that, he'll be leaving his most important person. All of a sudden, he felt tears roll down his cheeks. He remained frozen, still pointing the sword at Marina and not able to turn around to face Arianne.

"Dude, what are you going to do?" James asked. "Is it still your pride, or the people important to you?" he added, eyeing on Arianne.

"Keep the Sword, or we'll bring it back to Lady Rosalie. Either way, you have to leave." she tried to keep up a brave front even though inside, she's yelling thing like: Don't you dare leave! Else, I'll use Rinne's power against you! She's my bestfriend, you know!

Arianne wanted to stop him, but of course, his decisions must always prevail. James looked shocked at how things are going. He drew his sword, the Moonlight Wrath, slowly. He noticed the mer-knight wearing the fanciest clothing amongst all other mer-knights. He quickly figured out that he must be the Head Mer-Knight.

He ran up to him, using his agile skills that he learned back wen he was 10 years old and the speed he possess. "Bring down the pawns, then destroy the master." James grinned.He slashed his sword against thehead knight who just blocked it with his left hand.

"Jackass!" he yelled and stepped back. 

"James..." Edmund said.

"What? Can't you see I'm busy here?!" he yelled and swinged his sword at the mer-knight again.

"I'll go with Her Highness." he said. James was frozen still. Natalia ran to him and slapped him hard on the cheek, making him wince. His cheek was stingiing because of how hard Natalia slapped him.

"Who do you thnk you are? Lying to us just like that?" Natalia said with teary eyes. She grabbed his collar and almost strangled him. "Answer me, you stupid marquis! Don't get all high and mighty just because you're of high ranking!" she yelled.

They all looked at Edmund. "A-Arianne! Stop him!" Rinne haf-whispered, making sure the undine queen doesn't know what she's telling Arianne. It'll cause a big ruckus. Arianne remained quiet, watching what would happen next.

James ran up to him and punched his bestfriend, shoving Natalia and puling Edmund's collar. "What the hell kind of selfish attitude is that, you bastard?!" he shouted. Edmund smied at him.

"I know I'm a bastard. I know I'm selfish. Right now, really, my brain tells me something along the lines of: 'Hey, Edmund, just leave the sword, will 'ya? You still have a life to have outside, in the world of humans, not the fae.' But deep down, I really want to have the Sword. If I come with Her Highness, I'll have the Sword, you'll be able to tell Mother that I am the first Tudor who ever brought back--- or at least had the Sword in his hands. If I come, I'll be living like a prince with no worries. Then I just thought that the feeling of hsving this Sapphire Sword is more important to me than my attachment ot any one of you. Ha, and to think I even stopped Arianne when she tried to abandon the quest because I never wnated te feeling of being left by anyone. Yet, I'm the one who's leaving you now. I really am a bastard." he grinned.