The Idle Part

"Have you lost your mind or something? How do you suppose we can do that?" James glared at her cruelly, with an evil and dark atmosphere behind him.

Arianne rubbed her hair and tugged some plankton that clung to her. "Who started all this mess?" she asked, trying to test them.

"Uh, that will be you and Edmund. Duh." Natalia rolled her eyes.

Arianne gave her a scowl and shook her head. "No! I mean, who made up all this tests and whatsoevs?" she said.

"That will be Marina." Dimitri said in a fowl tone.

"Oooohhh, little silver wolfy is talking manly now…" Natalia mocked him. Dimitri growled and Rinne shielded him.

"Enough. We won't get anywhere if you'll only fight my familiar." Rinne grinned.

Natalia flipped her hair and crossed her arms over her chest and turned away from the sea. "Hmph! I hate her naughty daughter too! She's as flirty as a frog in the mating season!" she complained.

"Speak for yourself, flirty priestess." Rinne muttered while trying to keep Dimitri from attacking Natalia with his blood-red eyes.

"Anyway, we're going off-topic too much. 'Sup about that anyway?" James asked.

"Well… since Marina is the one who started this, she's our instrument in bringing back the Sword. How? All we have to do is anger her." Arianne explained. They all look bewildered at her. Carl knet down to her level, since she's sitting down and touched her forehead then her neck, checking her temperautre. 

"Have you eaten something bad? This is the Fairy Queen we're talking about! This is not just some stupid merrowor feyfolk we're confronting, Aria." Carl said. Rinne growled because Carl used her nickname 'Aria' that ony she and her family are permitted to use it in addressing her.

Arianne sighed heavily. "Then if it's waxing moon, we'll have no problem. I can boost your powers by using this 'lil moonstone of mine through the moon." she said

They looked at each other and their looks seem to suggest that they really should go with Arianne's risky-but-seemingly-effective-and- worth-trying plan. They all went out of the beach gloomily and tried to catch up a txai back to Edmund's mansion.

When They got there, Rosalie hugged Arianne tightly and as usual, not asking where Edmund is. Rather, they are thinking Rosalie might not be informed at all that Edmund is not with them.

Rosalie gleefully led them to the tea table in the terrace with the overlooking view of their grand courtyard. They all sat down quietly, all nervous that Rosalie might find out that Edmund is not with them. After a while, Arianne couldn't take the awkward silence and finally spoke up, her voice trembling.

"Um, Lady Rosalie?" she started. All looked at her. Rinne's eyes looked at her with pleading ones, as if to say: Please don't. 

"Yes, Arianne deary?" Rosalie asked, sipping her tea and then taking a bite on her lemon cake. "Do you have somehting to say?" she smiled.

"Uh, well, you see... Edmund... he's... he was..." she stuttered. She loked away from Rosalie's gaze.

"I know. Right from when you arrived, I knew Edmund is not with you. But do tell me, did the merrows keep him, or did he get killed?" she said calmy, seeming to not care whether her son is there or not. They all looked at each other.

"Edmund gave in ot he merrows himself. He's now the husband--- or at least groom of the princess." James snorted an crossed his arms. Rosalie laughed heartily.