Fairies Exist

The day is normal for Arianne. The teacher giving his boring lectures, students eating, sleeping or not paying attention. In truth, she is considered the best student in school. Her rival in the honor roll is one named Gail. She has bright hazel eyes and brunette hair. Lots of guys court her, but she couldn't see her beauty.

Arianne, on the other hand, has black hair that seems to have a golden shine when put under the sun and green eyes. Her hair is always tied up in a French braid or a cascade.

"Ms. Quagmire, answer this formula." the teacher, Mr. Jones said. Arianne walked up to the board and answered it in a matter of seconds.

Then the bell rang. Arianne fetch up her things and went up to her next class, literature. "How's Math?" her bestfriend, Rinne asked.

"Dull as ever." she answered. They went to literature class.

Literature has always been her favorite. Rinne and Arianne met when they were only 10. Actually, it doesn't make much, since they're only twelve. They both liked fantasy and stories.

"What lesson are we, again, Arianne?" Rinne asked her.

"Celtic mythology, I think. Just a little bit. We can't possibly memorize all of those myths in a week." Arianne explained. However, it is not a problem for her. She almost mastered all the myths in Greek, Roman, Norse, Egyptian, Celtic, Anatolian, Japanese, Korean, Mayan and Philippine myths. Some of her classmates often call her, 'Mythology Queen' or sometimes 'Goddess of Myths'.

The lesson today very much triggered Arianne's enthusiasm. They are talking about fairies and the Fairy Nation, or Fairyland. She is actively participating.

"Why do we have to study all this?! What does this rubbish have to do with everyday living? Fairies are not even real!" the school's greatest delinquent, Diego, said.

"Fairies are real!" Arianne shouted.

"What are you, five? You actually believe in those kinds of things? Maybe you have psyhcological disorder." he laughed.

"It's true! I talked to them!" she protested.

"Yeah, and do you have-----"

"ENOUGH!" the literatute teacher, Ms. Fernandez, yelled, probably upset about Arianne's seemingly childish attitude.

"Diego, you're lazy so shut up. Arianne, fairies are only fairy tales. They don't exist." she said.

Arianne didn't say anything. After dismissal, Diego and his gang composed of Alfred, Jason, Moses and Dominic bever ceased to follow her and Rene'.

"What's their problem?" Arianne whispered to her friend.

"Hey, Childish, are you going fairy-hunti-----" he didn't finish when Arianne kicked him on the stomach. She smirked at what she has done, her fists clenched in front of her. Rinne was just standing there open-mouthed.

"Damn you, b****!" he yelled.

"Never knew you could do something like that. Anyhoo, I still have to go to SM(one of the largest supermarket and department store in the Philippines), Madame is there."

Arianne knows that 'Madame' is Rinne's mother. She bid goodbye to her and took a jeepney to go home.

When she got home, she found her frail father eating white corn. She ran to him and put his hand on her forehead. "Mano po." she said.

It is a traditional way of the Filipinos to respect their elders.

She went to the kitchen and opened the refrigerator. She took out honey, butter, grapes and excess mangoes. She also got some peanut butter.

She put them in an attractive way in a bowk and went outside. She went to the most beautiful part of their garse and put the bowl on the top of the plants.

Arianne is studying how to be a Fairy Doctor, but not the type who'll perform spells and magics. She believes only witches do that.

"Fairies with your little feet,

Accept my offering bit by bit.

Protect me with all your might,

Shield me through the night.

Tell me all your little secrets,

I promise I'll never hurt your pets.

Now come out, out in the dusk,

Come out and fulfill your task." she chanted. At that time, the sun is already setting.

"Fairy Doctor, I accept your offering. Do you wish to talk to me?" a voice said.

"I do." replied Arianne.

"Very well. I am Rose, a Fairy of the Flora, adviser of the Queen. What do you wish to talk about?" Rose asked.

A small fairy appeared before her. She has scarlet hair, green eyes and pink rose petals as her dress. She has a green cap and cape. "Lady Rose, how will I be able to make people believe in fairies? Only my best friend, Rinne, believes in fairies!" Arianne complained.

Rose laughed. Arianne suddenly felt like she was played around by the fairy.

"Child, us fairies are of the neutral type. We live in peace, and we do not wish for humans to intervene with our life. It is better this way." Rose said.

The sun has completely set. The stars are brighter than most of the nights.

"The sun has set. Fairy Doctor, I shall take my leave." said Rose.

Though Arianne felt disappointed, she has no choice. Fairies dance and sing at night. The little glitters in her garden showed her pure proof that fairies do exist. Well, she's not called Fairy Doctor for nothing.