Chapter 22

I stuff the letter in my pocket, I felt like it was important to Germany and I should keep it safe.

I exited the base, Germany was outside, leaning on the door frame in deep thought. "Should we leave?" I smile warmly at him, his face burned a bright red when he saw me. "Y-yeah lets go,"

The car ride was pretty silent, I popped a few questions here and there but he would answer as vaguely as possible.

"Did you see it?" He broke the silence,

"See what?"

He sighed and reached into his pocket, he fumbled around before groaning. "Shit I forgot to take it," he face palmed himself, "If you're talking about the letter, I have it here." I pulled out the letter from my pocket, "thank god," he sighed in relief.

"Let's talk at my place though,"

I nodded in agreement, what could he be planning to tell me?

The car ride was silent once more, "Do you mind if I read the letter?"

"You haven't read it?"

"Well I thought it would be impolite to read your letter without your permission,"

"You've got a nice personality too," he mumbled,

"What was that?"

"Nothing! And yes you can read it I don't mind,"

I opened the letter and read the lines over, didn't send too suspicious although I did feel sort of sorry for his dad. It seemed like he regret it but he couldn't do anything to stop it from happening anyway.

After I re read the letter 5 times I finally saw it.

(———)

I climbed off the car, Germany slammed the car door shut and pulled me inside. We went to sit on the couch, he had to move a few books to make space first though.

"You're talking about the message right?" I took the letter out again.

"Yes I am, I saw it the second I laid my eyes on the letter. My dad is a smart person and I was raised to look at small details," he took the letter from my hands and pulled out a pen from his pocket. Does he just bring that around everywhere?

"I-T-W-A-S-T-H-E-M" He spelled it out,

"Who could he mean by that?" I fiddled with my fingers, "I don't know, honestly. I don't have much memory of who was alive in our universe back when my dad was alive." He stressfully scribbled a bunch of letters on the paper. It seemed to be a list, a list of people who were alive back then. He seemed to be struggling to remember, after all it was probably a decade ago, his memory must be foggy.

"I'm going to start narrowing down the possibilities, I'll figure out these people that my dad mentioned. It may be a piece to a bigger puzzle that is about to unfold," he scribbled more names.

I stood up and went over to the bookcase where I pulled out a very thick and dusty book. I blew off the dust and traced my hands on the front title.

'The complete world history'

I sat back down next to him and started flipping the pages. "Japan Empire, Italian Empire, Katipuan, USSR, Britain, Chin-" I read out a list that I found on the book.

"Woah woah woah, slow down, you don't have to help me, I don't think this is any of your concern in the first place I just don't want to burden you." He places his hand on mine.

"Even if it isn't I'd still like to help, you can't change my mind so don't bother." I said, I wasn't going to change my mind and I was sure of it.

He chuckled, "fine you humans can be so stubborn sometimes,"

We continued to theorize and help each other out in figuring this out.

Germany let out a yawn before collapsing on my lap, he must've been very tired after all he hasn't taken a break from working at all.

+1 Relationship

I continue working for awhile before starting to feel drowsy, I pack everything up by placing the letter and all the important info in a folder. Then I let myself fall asleep.

(———)

"(Y/N) wake up!"

My eyes shot open and I woke up with a jolt, I saw Germany in front of me.

"What's wrong?" I rubbed my sleepy eyes.

"The letter and folder! It's gone!"

"What!?" I jump up and start frantically searching for the letter and the folder where we left it.

"It's not here!" I look back at him, we both sat there on edge for a few minutes.

"Do you think someone broke in?"

"No it can't be, none of the windows are broken and no one else has the keys to my place, I already made sure to lock the door,"

I heard a groan next to me, Germany was stressing out again.

"Don't worry, I'm sure we'll find it," I pat him on the shoulder. "Ouch!" I yelp in pain, I looked at my hand and there were a few paper cuts there. I didn't remember getting paper cuts.

"Are you ok? I'll get a first aid kit," He hurriedly scrambles into the kitchen.

"You ok there?" I turned my head over and saw my duplicate staring back at me. "You again! You didn't steal the letter and folder did you?" I glared at her.

"Calm down missy, I would never do such a thing, besides you'll figure out sooner or later." She gave me a sly grin.

"Asshole! You know who did it don't you?" I grumbled.

"Well of course I do! But would I tell you? Nope! You'll have to figure it out," she giggled before disappearing into the air.

"HEY COME BACK HERE!" I shouted out for her and stood up in rage.

"Who are you talking to (Y/N)?" Germany came back holding a first aid kit. "O-oh no one, I must be hallucinating or something," I sit back down on the couch.

He helps bandage my hands, a faint pink tint on his cheeks.

"Thanks for uh everything," he mumbled.

+1 Relationship

"I should be thanking you,"

"No no, you've helped me more in ways than you know, I do hope you realize that all of us are grateful towards you because now we have a goal to reach together,"

"And what might that goal be?"

"To win your heart over," He Calmly similes at me, "h-huh? You're joking right?" I shoot backwards in surprise because there's no way any of them would fall for a girl like me. "Never mind what I just said, I just meant who could win your heart as your best friend," he said as his voice strained a little. It's almost like he was lying.

"Well it's flattering but I think of all of you as my best friends,"

"I'm sure you do," he smiles sadly to himself as he finishes bandaging up my hand.