Chapter 1

"H-hey wait!"

The young girl cried, I gripped the mysterious figure's sleeve with my feeble hand. The figure turned his head to see me gripping on his sleeve for dear life. I didn't manage to make out the figure's face before being swallowed by a white light that blinded my eyes. I squinted, my mortal hands desperately trying to find something to hold on to.

The day started off as usual, I woke up, ate breakfast, checked my phone for any emails or text messages. I then got ready for college, flung my bag on my shoulder and stormed out the door. I decided to get coffee before going to college, now I am walking on the sidewalk in the middle of a huge crowd with a cup of coffee in hand. New York was pretty crowded and busy today.

I check my phone while walking and sipping my coffee, out of the corner of my eye I see a figure peeking out of an alley way. The figure did not seem like a normal human, it's figure looked human but their features were definitely not normal. I studied the figure while walking and it seemed like we made eye contact after a good 30 seconds or so.

The figure swiftly retreated their head and started running. I was curious of who that figure was and decided to run after it. I pushed past the crowd into the alleyway where I saw the mysterious figure, I was running as fast as my feet could take me. The figure jumped over a few tables at the outdoor cafe, I noticed that no one actually seemed to care about him jumping over cafe tables. I went around the longer way because I'd rather not jump over tables right now. The figure was quite fast on his feet, I barely managed to catch up.

The figure took a few sharp turns, and they entered another alleyway. I was catching up and right at that moment the figure slowed down. I gripped his sleeve, "H-hey Wait!" I cried trying to catch my breath. The white light swallowed me, I felt my spine shiver and my hands felt ice cold despite holding a piping hot coffee just a few seconds ago.

Thud.

I felt my body hit a hard cold surface, my body shivered.I felt weak, only managing to open my eyes a bit. I saw a few blurry figures murmuring and arguing in front of me, unable to decipher who or what they were saying, I faded back into darkness.

Opening my eyes slowly I saw myself except she had pitch black pupils with a hint of amber. My eyes darted around the room trying to find a hint of an exit but there was nothing, just pitch black with my duplicate standing in front of me. "W-Who are you?"
I mumbled my hands trembling at the sight of myself. "I'm you, but I guess you can't understand what's going on yet," my duplicate replied.

"You look exactly like me, except your eyes-" I spoke but my duplicate cut me in the middle of my sentence. "Yes, no shit Sherlock I may look like you but I'm not you technically," "Then who are you?" I was beyond confused my duplicate was not making sense at all. "Looks like times up," she replied. "You haven't answered my question!" I reached out my hand to grab my duplicate.

My eyes opened swiftly, I shot up in a sitting position. I was apparently in a bed, I didn't know who's room this was but I didn't care. I revised what happened before appearing here, I remembered the mysterious figure, the white light and my duplicate. I rubbed my head with the palm of my hand, "Where exactly am I?" I sighed. "Am I dead?" I exclaimed a little surprised. I mean I guess it wasn't impossible maybe this is the after life except it wasn't really up to my expectations.

I examined the room and the situation for a while, I was in a fairly large room that seemed hardly used. A guest room maybe? The bed was a twin sized bed with fresh white sheets. I was sitting on the bed with my clothes from this morning, my (h/c) hair messy, wait what time is it? There seemed to be no clock nor window in the room. I searched for my bag where I placed my phone in but it was no where to be seen.

I hear the faint sound of arguing from beyond the door, if I were to get answers I needed to explore and interact but by the sounds of arguing downstairs I didn't really want to do that anymore. I just wanted to go home already but me being the shy girl that I am decided to stay quiet for awhile for the arguing to die down.

I don't know how long I was laying in that room but the arguing never died down. "Great just my luck," I muttered, I was trying hard to focus on what the people were arguing about. "I'm checking up on her," I heard someone shout right in front of the door. Followed by more arguing from downstairs, the door knob turned and the door creaked open slowly.

Pretending to be asleep wasn't pretty hard for me considering how much I did it since childhood. "Uh.. Hello? Are you awake now?" I heard someone speak, I open my eyes slightly to see a tall figure standing there in front of me. Well I might as well, "y-yeah I'm awake hi," I sat up and stared at the figure dumbfounded. His face was a literal flag, he was wearing an ushanka and was extremely tall. "Oh uh well you should join us downstairs when you're ready," He shrugged. "W-where exactly am I and who are you?" I needed answers and I was also half hoping this was a dream.

"You humans most likely know me as Russia and you're at UK's house," wait Russia? UK? Countries? I then pinched myself on my cheek, I winced in pain. Yep I definitely was not dreaming, "I know it's hard to believe but we're just as confused as you are so please come downstairs so we can discuss this," Russia muttered nervously.

Soon me and Russia were walking down the stairs, with each step I felt like I was being stared at.

I finally look up to see a lot of countries staring at me, I was uncomfortable of course and Nervous definitely. My eyes focused on one country in particular among all, "Hey! Y-you're that mysterious figure running around town!" I pointed at who I assumed was America considering the flag on his face.

Everyone soon glared daggers at him, while America seemed frustrated and just shrugged at them. "Well you know who I am, and you probably know who everyone here is so would you mind explaining why you were chasing after me around town" America glared at me, he seemed really intimidating with his sunglasses.

"I-I don't know what's going on,"