Chapter 18

I sat on the couch staring at the ceiling, I could hear the clock tick behind me. Sighing, I pushed myself up and went to the kitchen. I saw Poland sitting there reading a book, he noticed me and flinched. He slammed the book shut and attempted to get up, "H-hey Poland??" I reach out for him.

He froze, still silent as ever.  "Can we have a talk?" I smiled at him, he just looked away.

Just then I had an idea, "Wait here!" I excitedly exclaim, he looked at me confused as I went over to my backpack and took out some pieces of papers and stationaries. I went back to the kitchen and set the papers down, I took out a pencil and started writing,

'Let's start over! Hello Poland I'm (Y/N) nice to meet you! We can talk through here if you're uncomfortable with talking,'

Poland stared at it for a moment before taking a pencil and writing a reply,

'Hello (Y/N), Yeah I am uncomfortable with talking so thanks for tolerating my silly behavior,'

'No,no it's totally ok! I understand you must have your reasons, I'm just glad we can finally get to know each other,'

'Well Germany says I'm being Silly,'

I grit my teeth at the word Germany,

'Ignore what that asshole says, you're not silly but you're special!'

He turned his head to me and I could see a sparkle in his eyes as he plastered a goofy grin on his face,

'That's the first time anyone has said that about me,'

'I'm surprised no one has said anything like that to you, because you're definitely special! I could sense it from 10 kilometers away,'

He chuckled and blushed,

'That's an exaggeration, you're special yourself (Y/N),'

'Oh really? I don't find myself anything extraordinary,'

'You're sweet and the other countries seem to fancy you a lot, including Russ and I've never seen him smile like that to anyone, well except for America when they were dating.'

'Oh Thanks! Russ seemed cold at first but he's actually pretty nice'

'I guess so, anyway (Y/N) you can go ahead and hang out with the others if you want, I'll be fine on my own,'

'What no! I'm going to stay here with you! I want to hang out with you!'

'What! Why me?'

'You're Special remember, and you're nice and cute!'

His face flushed a bright red color, he leaned on my shoulder.

"Thanks for the compliment," he smiled at me.

"You just spoke! I though you said you were uncomfortable, if you're uncomfortable you don't have to," I gasped.

"No I'm fine if I'm speaking with you," he blushed.

"I might also start liking you too," he muttered

"What was that?"

"Nothing," he grinned.

"You're very creative yknow (Y/N),"

"Aw thanks Pol," I pat his head,

We start talking about a lot of things like how our lives are and our hobbies.

"Well I like to read, Germany taught me to read,"

"Oh really? That asshole?" I snickered.

"He's not that bad when you get to know him!" Poland shot up,

"Well I'll see about that," I poked his cheek and he flushed,

"Don't do that!" He said embarrassed, "not my fault you're so damn cute,"

He blushed even more, it was funny seeing him like this. I glanced at the paper, I grabbed my pencil and started to scribble on the paper.

"What are you doing?" He asked while looking over my shoulder,

"I'm drawing you! Despite how I look I'm actually a pretty good artist,"

"I'm sure you're a great artist!" He complimented me,

After a while I finished, lifted the piece of paper and showed it to the Polish country. "What do you think?" I eagerly asked him,

"I think it's amazing!" He stared at it in awe, he then suddenly hugged me and smiled. "Am I really that special that you would draw me?"

"Well obviously, no questions asked," I chuckle. He blushed again, I stared at him in confusion and started eyeing my drawing noticing a few mistakes here and there.

"Can I try to draw you?" He firmly grabbed the other pencil on the table and started scribbling something next to my drawing. After he finished he watched me eagerly, "what do you think?"

"I think it's great, I'm sure if you practice you'd get better in no time," I pat his head.

"Well I'm pretty exhausted so I'll take a quick nap ok?"

"Ok!"

I walked over to the couch and fell asleep,

I was awakened by someone talking to me,

"(Y/N)... I'm boreddd!" Poland whined,

"I don't know what to do either," I yawned as I sat up,

"Oh I know!" He jumped up in excitement, I was surprised. "Let's play hide and seek!" He grabbed my arm and tried to pull me off the couch, he really was just like a kid. I sigh "Fine Fine.." I grinned at him, "You count first!" He stuck his tongue out and ran out the door.

I chuckle as I closed my eyes and started counting, "1..2..3..," and eventually "10! Ready or not here I come!" I bolted out the door as I listened to the crunching of leaves coming from the forest. I ran after the sound, I heard the faint sound of giggling too so I was positive he was here somewhere.

There were trees all around me giving off a fresh aroma, felt the wind rush against my skin as I ran.

I could hear the giggling come to a stop and the crunching of leaves too. I assumed he found somewhere to hide so I started looking at holes in the trees, inside bushes and as such.

Between the trees I could see a figure looming beyond the trees, I was positive it was Poland because of the flag colors. I ran up to him and he just stood there frozen looking at something, I could see horror in his facial features. I turn to see what he was looking at, Ah it was the USSR bunker I found a few days before.

I placed my hand on his shoulder, "Poland you ok?" He flinched as His head swiftly turned to me. He stumbled backwards as his horror filled eyes stared into my soul. "No.. no.. STOP!" He covered his ears as he shouted and ran away, "Poland!" I ran after him. I could see a cliff in the distance, "Poland watch out!" I tried to warn him but he had covered his ears and shut his eyes.

At the edge of the cliff he stopped and glanced at me, "Poland it's ok, let's just go back now," I huffed between words. His face seemed to go back to normal as he walked over to me, suddenly his feet gave in and he tripped over. "Poland!" I cried out as I reached my hand out to grab him, but he had already fallen.

?Poland Bad End¿