Chapter 21

Ok before the chapter starts I'd love it if y'all would check out @cok_cot_cho 's fanart for the series. I love it so much, I'm glad that you've enjoyed my story so far! Your fanart and support mean so much to me! So thank you again,

—————————-

I kicked the blanket off me as I walked back upstairs to where his office was. I peeked through the small crack in the door, seeing as if everything was ok I sigh. I was worried, I had to admit. I decided to head back down since Germany seemed to be doing just fine.

"Ugh I can't do this," I heard the German mutter, I peek through the crack again. He seemed to be miserable, "I have to finish this though or else she'll never end up home," he clapped his cheeks.

I now realize the dark eye bags under his eyes, he seemed to have overworked himself. I took one deep breath before pushing the door open. "Huh? (Y/N)?" He jolted backwards a little. I tried my best not to pay any mind to the picture behind him.

"Stop,"

"Huh?"

"Stop working, take a break,"

"B-but then it'll take longer for you to get home,"

"I don't care, take a break, you deserve it, please don't overwork yourself."

"Don't worry (Y/N), I'm used to this, how about you go back downstairs to read some books?" He said, his voice seemed tired and hoarse.

"Only if you come with me! I care more about your wellbeing than going home!" I grab his wrist and try to pull him.

He stared at me in shock for a second before the message finally sunk in and he started to blush furiously.

"You care more about me?" He embarrassingly mustered.

"Obviously! Now let's go do something together,"

"Yknow it's not only your problem that I have to work on, I also have a lot of taxes to do due to my dad," he forced a laugh.

"W-what happened? Do you wanna talk about it?" I force myself, I must get over my fear and help Germany.

"It's just after the war, he had a lot of things he had to pay for, like damages but then he just k-killed himself and left it all with me. Without saying goodbye," thee German explained, tears welled up in his eyes as he swiftly wiped them away.

"I just wish he said goodbye, Ah! Sorry for rambling I-,"

I was lost in thought, firstly I felt sorry for germany, he was literally abandoned and his father left all the burden on him. Secondly, I remember something...

"Germany! I need you to drive me somewhere real quick!" I slam my hands on his desk. He looked at me in confusion, but I was already scrambling through the hall to get downstairs.

"Hey (Y/N) wait!" He called out for me, I was already outside and waiting in front of his car. Soon the German exited the house and climbed in the car.

"What was that about?"

"No time to explain! Just drive, I'll give you directions!"

"Alright alright sheesh," he started up the car and the car roared to life as we drove off.

I continued to give him directions until we arrived at a familiar forest. "Stop!" I exclaim, the car halted abruptly causing me to fly off my seat. "You ok? Where are we anyway?" He helped me up.

I dragged him out of the car and into the woods, "h-hey! What the-" He constantly hit branched and tripped over but I was determined to get him to our destination.

We looked through the woods for maybe a good 20 minutes. "(Y/N) this is getting exhausting where exactly are you taking me?" He tried to pull out of my grip, obviously failing.

"Ah here we are!" I exclaim so loud that people outside the woods could probably hear me.

I saw a familiar shack with the torn off flag in front of it, I pulled Germany inside until we got to the old rusty office where I pulled open a drawer and shoved a letter to him. "I found this shack a while ago and I thought it was a USSR base from World war 2," I huffed, I just realized how tired I was.

"I saw the letter and decided to leave it be, now I realize that this is a Nazi base and this letter is most likely for you," I point at the letter in his hands. Germany just stood there silently staring at me with a pink tint on his cheeks. He looked down at the letter and sliced it open.

He took an old piece of paper out and read it, after a minute he dropped to his knees and started crying. "Wait don't-" I patted him on the back. "Thank you for bringing me here (Y/N)," he joyfully buries his head in my chest. "I'm sorry for acting like a dick to you,"

"Imayormaynothavedonethatbecauseyoulookedcute,"

"Wha? Can you repeat that I didn't catch that,"

"Never mind it's not important,"

After a few minutes of reassurance, the German stood up. "I'll wait outside, it's a lot to take in," he walked out.

My eyes fell on the open letter on the table,

.....

Dear Germany,

I'm sorry for leaving you so abruptly, I didn't feel like you needed me in life, after all, all I do is cause chaos and harm. I hope by the time you get this letter, you've had your own life. I hope you're living happily now without me.

Tell everyone I'm sorry for what I did, I do regret it but it was too late to back down.

With all that said, I left this letter in my desk. I hope you find it where it is and I hope no one has discovered it yet before you have.

Always remember that I really don't expect you to become like me or anything, I just want you to live a happy life.

Sooner or later you will encounter troubles in your life.

Too bad I couldn't be there to watch you grow up. Truly a shame.

Honestly I'd prefer it if you forgot about me completely.

Everyone is proud of you soon even me, so please don't ever think that you are similar to me. You are not and you will never be, you shall be your own country.

Meet someone that you trust and talk to them, they will be there for you to give you the love I never gave you.

From your father,
Nazi Germany

———————-

Did you get the secret message? If you did then don't tell anyone, let them figure it out themselves.
Hint : look at the first letter of each paragraph