Chapter 12

February 2005

We went to Alex’s house first to drop off my bag that I’d packed for the weekend. I was greeted by a big hug from Alex’s mum Isobel. She led me to the guest room where I was to stay for the weekend.
“Seriously mum?” Alex protested, scowling at his mother.
“Yes Alex, seriously. It’s not like your room isn’t a door away!” she shook her head. “Isabel, I hope he doesn’t harass you too much, I’m always here just in case.” She winked at me. I giggled as Alex wrapped his arms around my waist, resting his head on my shoulder. My phone started to vibrate in my pocket. Jack.
“We better go,” I turned my head to try look at Alex.
“Yeah, we should,” he kissed my cheek and took me by the hand.

“Izzy you whore!” Jack ran full speed towards me, almost knocking me over but he’d already picked me up into his arms. “Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you!” I laughed hugging him back. It was nice to have him back.
“Izzy!” another voice came. Heather ran out of Jack’s house joining in on the hug. “It’s been so long! I’ve missed you!” I hadn’t felt this good in weeks, I had my best friends and my boyfriend back. Things were great. Jack and Heather moved, bringing my old home into view. The driveway was empty. I felt a lump in my throat, my heart beat faster. Jack seemed to notice and grabbed me by the wrist leading me into the house where I got attacked by yet another member of the Barakat family.
“I’ve missed my second daughter!” Joyce exclaimed squeezing me into a hug.
“I’ve missed you all too!” I laughed, the emotions were overwhelming. It was so good to be back, I’d missed them all so much but the thought of leaving them again was terrifying.
“I’ve made dinner to celebrate!” Joyce cheered.
“Didn’t you have tacos earlier Jack?” I asked. He nodded enthusiastically with a stupid smile on his face. I rolled my eyes sitting down to eat, realizing I was actually starving.

“How would you like to come see us perform?” Alex raised his eyebrows.
“Are you serious? All Time Low in concert? Omg, fangirling!” I laughed leaning into his arms, reaching up on my toes to kiss him quickly.
“Hey, I’m hurt!” he pouted.
“Fine, I’ll go. Only to see Jack though.”
“Yaaay!” Jack cheered flailing his arms frantically in the air. Heather had gone home to get ready for the gig, I wondered why she’d left so early.
“It’s Zack, I’m going to take this over here.” Alex walked away from us. I flopped back onto Jacks bed. Jack lay down next to me, pulling me over into his arms.
“I missed you Izzy,” Jack said suddenly very serious. His eyes looked sad as he idly played with a strand of my hair.
“Jack, I missed you more than anything you’d ever imagine!” I sighed resting my head on his chest.
“Seriously Izzy, things haven’t been the same without you. I don’t like not having you here all the time, not just for me but for everyone. I’m missing you like crazy, I hate not seeing you everyday. Heather’s acting weird, it must be hard for her not being around girls especially since she has all brothers. And Alex? You don’t know how good it is to see Alex happy again, he’s been so down lately.” Jack ran his fingers through his hair looking stressed. I’d never in my life of being his best friend seen him stressed.
“I’m sorry.” Was all I managed to get out.
“It’s not your fault you turkey, just know everybody is missing you as much as you miss us.” He kissed my cheek.
“Now, let’s get you looking all purdy for tonight, if it’s possible to be any prettier than you already.”
“You have not changed!” I groaned, rolling off the bed.

“You were just, there were no words for how fucking amazing you were!” I was speechless. The last time I’d seen the guys perform, they were good yeah but now they were amazing.
“It was because you were there.” He cupped my face in his hands, pulling my face close to his. I wrapped my arms around his neck, standing on my tip toes to kiss him back.
“You’re teasing me,” he whispered, pulling away gently.
“You know there’s nothing more sexy than your singing?” I whispered back. I kissed him quickly then pulled away.
“Well goodnight then!” I disappeared into the guest room.
“You’re having a fucking laugh!” he banged on the door.
“Hey! I poked my head around the door “You’re parents are sleeping!” I shut the door on his face again and laughed. I heard him curse and slam his bedroom door, how mature Alex. I changed into an oversized shirt and a pair of boxers and crept into Alex’s room. He was already asleep, wow. I climbed in under the covers wondering would he notice.
“You’ve become sane again,” he smiled, folding me into his arms, cuddling me close. It felt nice just to lie there in the bed with him. He hadn’t opened his eyes but he’d managed to pull me into his arms. I nuzzled my head in between his head and shoulder and attempted to sleep, but Alex wasn’t having it. His lips moved quickly against mine, kissing me roughly, like he never had before. I kissed him back, trying to keep up with him. He started to kiss down to my neck, I moaned quietly to myself. Suddenly on his knees, his hands were playing under my shirt, still fiercely kissing me. He stopped suddenly, his hands on my hips.
“Isabel, what’s this?”
Shit.
“What do you mean?” I whispered back, knowing exactly what he was referring to. He pulled the boxers I was wearing down, just past my hip to revel the scars.
“These are new,” his eyes full of pain.
“Alex, listen to me please, you don’t realize the pain I was in after every-” I sobbed, tears rolled down my cheeks.
“I’m so fucking pissed and annoyed and angry with you,” he closed his eyes and pulled me into his chest, letting me cry myself to sleep in his arms. I don’t think either of us slept, but not for the reason we probably wanted.