Chapter 38

June 2007

"No! Oh my God. No! No way. Nuh-uh I am not letting you two break up. Get into that room and fix it now Isabel." Heather's rage ran through the phone speaker.
"I never said we were breaking up, I'm just unsure about the future." I whispered. I sat on the bathroom floor and rang my best friend in desperation.
"Isabel, stop worrying about the future for the moment and think of now. You love Alex, yes?" her voice was desperate and bothered. She wasn't able for another Alex-Isabel break up or our friend group to be divided again. Nobody was really. 
"Yes I do." I sighed. I knew there was no point in reasoning with her.
"And he loves you?"
"I think so."
"Do you want to be with him in ten years time?"
"I think so."
"You think so?"
"Yes Heather, yes I do."
"Now go and talk to him! I am going to sleep now because I won't get much this summer. Don't ruin this summer! I love you, goodnight." she said and disconnected. Heather was always wired. She was small but she had a hyper, fiery personality. I exhaled and rubbed the bridge of my nose where I felt a headache forming. I stood up and undressed and stepped into the shower.
The hot shower water relaxed my muscles and my mind. The soothing beat of the water helped my headache to relax and disappear. I tilted my head back under the shower and let the water flow onto my hair.
"Yes." the single word startled me. I shrieked and jumped and slipped before he caught me. "Yes." he said again. I stared at my boyfriend who gently wrapped his arms around my waist. "Yes, Isabel. You know what? I trust you in college with all the other guys. Even if they are hotter than me, which is quite hard let me add. When I perform and am away on tour see all those beautiful girls throw themselves at us I'll think 'Wow she is gorgeous but not as amazing as my beautiful girlfriend back home.' And I won't fall in love with any of them because I'm already in love and they can't take over that. And when we move in together, I promise you we'll have the house of your dreams. Even if that means moving to Europe or Australia or the North Pole. I'll follow you anywhere. And our family? You think I haven't thought about us having a family? We'll have beautiful children, hopefully they'll take after their mother. We'll live in that house as a family. I want to give you that real family you never had Izzy. We can all go on tour together or I can fly home to see you as often as I can or you can fly to see me. No matter what happens, the only guaranteed part of my future involves you. Yes Isabel, you are in my future. No doubt about it." his eyes were crazy but full of excitement, like the thought of our future together was magical.
"I love you." I managed to croak out. I flung my arms around him and hugged him as tight as I could. I felt his arms and body relax around me. His lips pressed against my temple softly as the water continued to pour down on us.

"Okay, okay! Everyone and everything on the bus. Make sure you have everything because we are not returning to Baltimore for another two months." Matt clapped his hands together to get everbody's attention "Going over a few bus rules. No fighting while on the bus, all fights must remain off the bus and if you are fighting with another person living on the bus that fight is to be forgotten about while on the bus and you are to treat them normally. Everybody must be home for 3am as we must travel to our next destination. You will be notified if this time changes. No strangers allowed sleep on the bus we are already cramped for space. If you are sharing a bunk and I cannot stress this enough; no sex on the bus." Matt's eyes quickly flickered towards where Alex and I were standing and coughed. "Everyone is living on the bus so keep it clean. Also there is one bathroom and there are a lot of us so be considerate. No shitting on the bus. Now that everything is clear, let's start this tour!" he led everyone in a cheer as we all crowded onto the bus.Alex clutched my hand tightly as he led me down to the back of the bus where our bunk was.
"The band member's bunks are bigger so we're lucky." he said quietly with a smile. He let me climb into the bunk before jumping in behind me. He wrapped his arms around me and cuddled me tightly. I giggled as he tickled my neck with his hair. "Are you as excited as I am baby?" he asked, the happiness gleamed in his eyes. It made me smile to see him so happy.
"As long are you're happy baby, I am." I reached out and kissed his lips. A smile spread across his lips as I pulled away, biting his lip softly. He moaned softly and tried to pull me back in. 
"I think this will be one of the best summers yet." I grinned.
"I think you could be right." he agreed. Suddenly, a fast scurry of heavy foot steps bounded down the bus stopping right outside our bunk.
"Izzy, Alex! Guess who got the bunk across the way from you!" Jack shouted pulling back the bunk curtain. Jack stood foolishly grinning outside our bunk holding Heather's hand tightly. They climbed into their bunk across the way from our and waved excitedly. Alex shut our curtain again.
"Maybe not the best" I giggled.

"Wow, California is so amazing! We should move here." I said to Alex.
"Really? California? I always imagined you wanting to live in New York or some city." Alex said swinging my hand in his as we explored the beach near by.
"No, I think I'd like to live near the beach. What about you?"
"The beach is nice. I think living outside the US for a year would be pretty cool." he thought.
"It would be amazing!" I agreed. "Spain was beautiful." I thought back to the holiday we had spent together in Spain. He nodded in agreement.
"I need ice cream. Do you want one?" he asked taking out his wallet.
"Yes please. Vanilla!"
"Obviously." he smirked and rolled his eyes. I sat down on a bench and waited for him to come back. I examined my surroundings. everything and everyone was beautiful. I watched as a girl with platinum blonde hair walk towards the bench I was sitting on and sat down. Her eyes were icy blue but her skin looked too pale for someone from California. She was stunning and her baby doll eyes looked lonely.
"Hi, I'm Isabel. Are you okay? You look a bit lost." I said, shocked at my own confidence. She looked as shocked as I felt.
"Oh, what? I'm fine thank you." he British accent was unexpected "I just saw a guy who looks like a guy I dated briefly in England. Broke my heart. Bit flustered that's all. Thank you though. Alison." she said.She smiled and stuck out her hand.