Chapter 14

Chapter 14

*~Charles’ P.O.V~*

I ran after Ana when I realized what I did. When I saw her run to her car and drive away… I broke down into tears,

What have I done?

I grunted in frustration as I got up from the sidewalk and walked inside. I screamed from the top of my lungs and knocked down a glass, when it hit the ground and shattered I went to my fridge and grabbed a beer. I remember when my friend brought it over and I rejected it because I didn’t drink. I opened the bottle and took a swig, the burning sensation of the dark liquid went down my throat as it sent shivers throughout my body. Suddenly I felt a little bit better…

I’m going to regret this…

*~Ana’s P.O.V~*

I am now at home, It’s 9 at night, it’s been about 2 hours since I left Charles’. I haven’t even heard from him. I go to my kitchen and grab a glass of water. I then heard my phone go off, I ran to the living room and looked at the caller I.D. ‘Charles Mother Fuckin’ Trippy :)’ I can see that I haven’t changed his name yet… I picked up hesitantly.

“Um… Hello?” I say quietly.

“Ana? This is Charles’ Mother... “ She says. I then hear a giant crash in the background

“Yes? What is the problem?” I said politely.

“It’s about Charles… Please come quickly” I then hear a yell, Charles yells at his mother…

I hung up quickly and froze not sure what to do next. I look at the coffee table and see my car keys. I quickly grabbed them and went to my car leaving my T.V. on.

The car ride seemed so long there even though it only took me 10 minutes. I parked my car and got out. The door was unlocked so I opened it and walked to the kitchen. Smashed bottles and beer was on the floor… There was a woman on the couch. I’m guessing thats his mother.

“Miss Trippy?” I say and she looks up.

“Ana?” She says.

“Where’s Ch-” Before I could say anything else I was interrupted by smash. I quickly turned around and walked towards the sound. It was on the patio… I walked outside and more glass was scattered around and I saw Charles standing in the grass with a bottle in his hand.

I was afraid to say anything, so I just walked up to him and he turned around at the sound of my footsteps.

“Ana. What are you doing here” He steps back dropping the bottle.

“Doesn't matter… Charles what are you doing?” I question him.

He looks down at the bottle. “I don’t know… I don’t know.” He sniffles and puts his hands in his face.

“Charles? It’s gonna be okay” I say and try to get his hands out of his face.

“Don’t. Touch me…” He steps back in fear.

“Charles, What has gotten into you?” I say.

“No… Just please leave.” He says baltenly.

“I’m not leaving you…” I say as I take a step towards him and put a hand gently on his face. He winces slightly but then accepts my gesture.

“Now...  come inside.” I said and he nods. I am surprised, as drunk as he looks he isn’t resisting me.

He takes my hand and follows me inside, his mother has already left and we are alone. Marley is in the corner laying in her bed.

I let Charles sit on the couch as I go to the kitchen and grab a glass and fill it water while stepping over the scattered glass.

When I walk back to him I step on a piece of glass.

“Shit” I say and set the glass down and limp to the bathroom making sure I don’t get any blood on the floor.

“Ana? Are you okay?” He yells throughout the house.

“Yea I’m fine!” I yell back with a bit more attitude than I expected.

When I fix myself up by putting a Band-aid on the wound I walk back to the kitchen grabbing the glass of water and go to Charles.

“Here” I say and he drinks the water. I sit down next to him, noticing the sweat on his neck. He gently sets the glass of the table instead of smashing it.

He sits there staring at Marley as she cowers down and looks away. He gives the ground a sad look.

“What made you do this?” I ask quietly and sit my hand on top of his.

“I don’t know…” He said. He wants to say something I can tell.

“There has to be a reason… Was it because of Allie?” I ask and his jaw line tightens up at the sound of her name.

“No…” He spits.

“Was it. Because of me leaving?” I finally say and he slightly nods.

He looks up at me slowly and opens his mouth to say something but instead he smashes his lips against mine.

I can taste the liquor on his lips, it burns a bit because I have never have drunk before…

Our little make-out session ends too quickly with him pulling away. His forehead leaning against mine and both of his hands on my waist. Our breathing slows down a bit when he finally says something.

“Ana, when you left. A burning sensation in my heart came upon me and I felt something missing. I can’t bear seeing you sad and running away from my anger… It was wrong of me to yell at you when I was really mad at Allie.” He say and places a small kiss on my mouth again.

We both hug each other. I am a bit surprised but I smile into the hug, not wanting to leave his touch.