Chapter 25

Chapter 25

*3 Months Later*

Ana's P.O.V

I was laughing lightly at my co-workers joke, Shellie smiles at me and says another one and this time I burst out laughing. Lunch was always a fun time at BuzzFeed. Everybody was so nice and I've actually made some friends, and I always end up forgetting where I am and how much I've changed. This California vibe has changed the way I act, I've never actually lived in a big city like LA before and I love it! I've been watching Charles' vlogs just to see what he's up to, most of the vlogs conclude him at his house or out partying, Charles has changed. I head to my office space and watch the most recent one and he talks about how Vid Con is coming up. The next clip he is crying and sitting on the couch. I was confused and turned up the volume so I could hear more through my headphones.

"So many of you know" He sniffles. "That my Father is in the hospital, I just found out today that he was put on Life Support and he might not make it..." He pauses and I just can't believe it. I wait for him to talk again.

"So many things has happened over these last few months and the comments have been getting to me more than they used to, first my dog, next, my best friend leaves the state and now my father. I've been thinking of taking a break from the vlogs..." A tear streams down his face and before I know it I'm crying myself. I feel so bad for him. I have to talk to him, I have to help him. I can't just ignore him. As much as I try to put that thought away from my mind and try to continue my work I just can't. I take my headphones off and put them on my desk, I take my phone outside and dial Shay's number. The phone rang but no one picked up, he must be busy... I still have Charles' number just incase of emergency's, and he has trued to contact me before. So I pull up Twitter and go to our DMs. I start to write out my message but then realized I could only type 180 characters. Stupid Twitter. I log out of the app and go to my contacts and unblock his number.

*Hey, I just wanted to check in... I saw your recent video, I'm so sorry about your father and I'm sorry for ignoring you...* I sent the message and waited about 10 minutes but I got no reply, I look at the message one more time and it says he read it. He must be busy too, but then I saw the chat bubble appear to signal that he was writing back.

*It's okay. But I'm really happy that I'm hearing from you, my life has been shit since you left... how has California been the last few months* He reply's back.

*I'm so sorry to hear that. And it's been great, I have a job at BuzzFeed as an editor and I've made some great friends, I have a really nice apartment near the beach and I love it, and I also heard that VidCon is coming up soon, Are you going?* I send back.

*I'm thinking of going but I'm not so sure yet, and you got a job at BuzzFeed! That's awesome! So you stuck with social media, I'm surprised you didn't work at the California YouTube space!* He sent back.

Our texted back and forth for what it felt for like hours, and I eventually went inside and started working again while texting him. I blasted my favorite music through my headphones, answered a few emails, finished some of my articles and sent them to my director. By the time I was done it was 5 o'clock and I left to go home. Today has been the best day since I arrived...

When I wake up I find a good morning text from Charles even though its like the afternoon there. I smile at the text, and send one back to him. I get out of bed and go to my kitchen to make some breakfast, It's Saturday and I have Saturdays and Sundays off. I hear my phone go off and I crack to eggs and whisk them together. As I'm wiping my hands off I look at the notification and my eyes widen. I unlock my phone and read the full message.

*So I'm coming to California, I'm on my flight right now* Charles says. What?! Why is he coming to California!

*Oh really? Why?* I text back and I just sit there looking at my phone waiting for his reply.

*I want to see you, and I have a meeting with YouTube* He wants to see me... All this time I've been trying to get away from him and I didn't think about it yesterday because I just got carried away, I was only trying to check on him. Lost in my thoughts another text comes in and its from Charles.

*Hello?*

*Sorry! I was just lost in my own thoughts, That's great! What's the meeting about?* I text back.

*For Nature Box, they want me to promote their snacks, and me and Shay are going to make a video/skit for it and upload it to YouTube, So I'll be there for a few days* He says. In my mind I'm excited but I'm also very nervous. I was doing great without him in the last few months and I don't know what I'm going to do when I see him.