The Chase

The yellow car swerves around the corner nearly losing control as the forty foot tall monster gets closer. Zeke slams the gas straining the engine to gain speed. The ground shakes under the car with every step the monster takes reminding him that it's right on his tail.

Another corner becomes visible but this time there's a train nearly blocking his path. Knowing he'll get caught if he even slows a little Zeke keeps his foot to the floor. At the last second he lets off the gas and turns the car fish tailing around the corner and missing the train by a hair. A sigh of relief escapes his lips as he sees a straight away and the chance to gain some ground from the creature behind him.

Zeke whipped his head around at the sound of smashing metal. The monster never slowed and had plowed through the train throwing it into a nearby building. Scared even more for his life Zeke gripped the wheel and pressed the pedal into the floorboard.

He tried losing the beast in the streets of this big city but it was no use. Every time he turned down a road the creature was right on his tail. Sometimes he swore it was so close he could hear it breathing.

Suddenly he realized he must have made a wrong turn because he was out of the city and in a wide open area. The monster picks up speed knowing he can catch his victim. Zeke's heart is pounding in his chest as the beast is over top of him.

Zeke cranks hard on the steering wheel as he slams on the brakes. The monster is going too fast to stop and tumbles into a nearby grove of trees. Knowing he only has moments the car's engine roars as Zeke heads back into the city and away from open areas.

The hiding spot he had found turned out to be a terrible spot. The creature had sniffed him out and the chase began again. Hours of sharp turns later a red light clicked on telling him he was about out of fuel causing his heart to sink.

As all hope seemed lost Zeke saw the only thing that could save him. He cut the car straight towards it and in the last second he bails letting the car run into the nearest building. Running with all his might he jumps at the last second narrowly avoiding being caught.

With a grunt Janet lifts Zeke up where he buries his face in her chest while yelling, "Momma! Momma!"

"What are you two doing?" Janet asks.

Breathing heavily John responds, "I went to change his diaper and he took off on his car around the island so I chased him for a little bit like we always do."

Janet pulls Zeke away to look at his face, "Did the scary monster try to get you and change your butt?"

"Da-da! Da-da no!"

"You need your diaper changed buddy," John said.

"Noooo!" Zeke yelled burying his face back into his mother's chest.