Chapter 34- a smile forever on her face

A/N- So sorry for taking forever to upload!!!! Really I'm sorry! The song on the side is amazing so listen to it when you read this chapter please!!! 110 votes and I promise I'll post chapter 35. I'm making the vote limit so high so that I have some time to write... Been stuggling with writers block >.<         Alrighty,,,, enough of the chit chat go on and read it you know you want to :P Enjoy!!!! 

Val’s P.O.V

I opened my eyes slowly as the anesthesia wore off from the surgery leaving me feeling very weak and tired. Once my eyes were adjusted to the light in the room I took in my surroundings. I’m in a medium sized hospital room with a bathroom, a bed, a nightstand, a TV hanging from the wall and a door that appeared to be sealed shut? That’s strange… The wall around the door was actually a giant thick window so I could see out and everyone can see in.

I looked over the nightstand for the clicker to ring the nurse, I pressed the red button in the middle for the nurse to come and explain everything to me. I twiddled with my fingers while I waited, wondering when I get to see Harry. All I can remember from earlier today is the devastated look on his face when they wheeled me away to surgery.

The door opened and shut resealing it’s self and a nurse walked up to my bed side wearing scrubs that covered her from head to toe including a mask to cover her face. She looked at me briefly and inhaled and exhaled quickly before starting.

“Hi Valeria! I will be your nurse for the time being, my name is Jackie” She stated. I nodded for her to go on anxious for her to get to the part where I get to see Harry.

“Well as you see your room is sealed off and I’m covered head to toe in protective wear and I was sanitized before entering. You are being isolated for four weeks to prevent infection since you virtually have no immune system at the moment.” She looked at me for a notice to go on. I nodded, she continued.

“Your surgery went great, now’s just the long road of recovery. Any questions?” Nurse Jackie asked.  I swallowed taking in everything she just threw at me.

“When can I see Harry?” I asked her not caring about much else.

“You can see him now If you like one rule though…” her words lingered… “You can only see him through the glass and talk to him through the phone provided for you on your nightstand” She frowned. 

“What?! I don’t understand?” I asked confused and upset.

“It’s to prevent infection Hun, if he were to come in here he could bring some sort of bacteria with him that would cause you to fall ill and the results of that could be fatal sadly.” Jackie explained.

“Four weeks?” I asked.

“Yes, by then you should be well enough to leave and rest at home. You cannot resume normal activities for six months but after the four weeks here you can go home and be with your family and friends.” She confirmed.

Four weeks compared to the three months I spent without Harry is nothing, I can do this. It’ll be lonely but I’ll get through it.

“Can I see my Dad?” I asked Jackie.

“I think that’s enough questions for today. You need to get your rest. I’ll be in later to give you fluids, dinner, and your medications. Press the call button if you need anything” and with that said Jackie exited the room resealing the door behind her.

The surgery took a lot more out of me than I’d expected I feel like I could sleep for weeks. I guess I could shut my eyes while I wait for Harry to come to the window wall. I shut my eyes and off I went into dreamland.