Chapter 21- "Yup, Like from Ratatouille."

A/N- K so the Puppy on the side is Val's.... And Comment and vote and fan...  Love you guys!

Val’s P.O.V

I lifted my vibrating phone from my pocket and looked at the screen, it read; Mom. My mother is calling me…should I answer it? No.  I stood up brushing the sand off of me and walked knee deep into the ocean lifting my arm up in the arm with my phone in my fist; I threw it as hard as I could catapulting it into the ocean a good fifteen feet. Perhaps a sequel or a fish will eat it. This is going to be an interesting couple of months… I walked out of the ocean to the dry sand and lied down counting the stars till I fell asleep no matter how cold I was.

“Val…Val wake up” Someone shook me. I opened my eyes to reveal my father’s face and me lying in sand not far from the ocean.

“Oh hi.” I said not getting up.

“Come inside and get some breakfast it’s eleven a.m.” He instructed.

“Alright, I’ll meet you in” I told him as I sat up.  He nodded and continued inside. I stood up brushing the sand off of my pants best I could since it was dried on. My hair felt stiff and sticky from the Ocean water, I would run my fingers through it but they might get stuck…Once I gathered myself I walked up Dad’s back porch and into the kitchen where pancakes were waiting for me on the counter.

“Thanks Dad” I said taking the pancakes and pouring myself a glass of orange juice. I begin happily shoveling forkfuls of pancakes into my mouth washing it down with my orange juice.

“So…I um... Talked to your doctor” He cleared his throat.

“And?” I asked continuing to eat.

“Well…He said you’re stopping your treatment? Is that true?” He asked with a voice full of worry.

“Yup” I said popping the ‘P’.

“Why?!” He questioned angry and confused.

“Because it’s not working…so it’s no longer worth it” I said through a mouth full of pancakes.

“Okay” He agreed shaking his head slightly drinking his coffee. “You’re old enough to make your own choices, I guess.” He mumbled. I just smiled at him.

“So what are we doing today?” I asked him.

“I am going to work… I’ll leave you some money for pizza along with a credit card, you can go out on the board walk if you want. I won’t be home till late.” He said.

“Okay sounds good” I guess I could deal with that. I guess I can’t expect it to be like a vacation or anything, just another normal summer…kind of.

“So… are you going to call your friends and talk to them?”He asked while putting on his jacket getting ready to run out the door.

“Probably not…”I mumbled. I really have no intentions in contacting anyone; I plan on sticking this out alone… With the company of my father of course.

“Alright, but if I were you I’d give them a call. It’s not fair to keep them in the dark with something so…serious.” He said.

“That’s what you think…” I told him and he walked out the door pulling it shut hard behind him.

Now alone with nothing to do, no one to talk to and nothing to lose; except my sanity that is… Maybe I should get a dog, I miss Aunt Tally’s dog Mouse. Harry would hate it if I got a dog… Oh Harry. I need to stop thinking and just get a shower and move on with my day. I wonder how he’s doing… Shut up brain! Ugh…