Chapter 8- What can I say? Shit happens

Author note: Listen to that song i put on here. I think it sounds pretty good with the first part of this chapter... I love that song its my current obession. And the dog pic is Aunt tallys dog. SO CUTE! COMMENT, FAN, AND VOTEEEEE PWEASE!!!

Val’s P.O.V

“Darn it! I had finger on my page Harry!” I yelled at him rubbing my eyes some more.

 “No worries love, this way you can just stop reading it, and then it will have a happy-ish ending in your mind.” Harry said passing me walking through the front door to the kitchen, heading straight to the fridge with my book still in hand. I walked over to grab my book but he lifted it in the air whilst looking through my fridge.

“What if I want to finish it?” I asked him slightly peeved about him taking my book with my hands on my hips.

“Well why would you if it causes you pain? You’ve been crying. Not fun” He said back simply, grabbing a can of coke out of the fridge.

“I need to find out if Luke is going to be okay!!!” I whined reaching for my book.

“Hmm…” Harry mumbles flipping through the book.

“I’ll take it home with me…Read it just for you, then let you know what happens, and If it’s not nice I will make a new ending for you. Sound good?” Harry asked smiling.

Even though we both know it wasn’t a question, He was going to take it either way.

“Fine…” I said defeated.

“So is this Luke kid cuter than me?” He asked with a smirk spread across his face. He thinks he’s so smooth.

“Cute is for babies.” I replied with confidence.

“Really? Well that doesn’t answer my question…”He said.

“Yes really, and since it is so important… Luke is fairly good-looking, at least in my head.” I answered him smiling.

“Oh that’s it!” he yelled setting the book aside, he jumped on top of me tickling me to death.

“Ah! Stop… It!!!!!” I yelled laughing hysterically squirming on the floor underneath him.

I was waving my arms around grabbing at him and hitting him trying to get him to stop, still laughing uncontrollably. I accidently smacked his ass meaning to grab his back.

“Oy cheeky” Harry said smiling and grabbing my wrist holding my arms above my head. Then he lent down and kissed me…

It was like yesterday in the pond but possibly better, I hope each of our kisses are like this… better each time. The kiss was playful and caring, loving almost… I wish it would never end. I wish I could stay here forever on the kitchen floor kissing Harry, I know I’ve only known him for a few days but I have this spark with him that feels like we’ve known each other since we were two. If only I had a friend like him when I was a kid. I could have used a friend with all that I’d gone through. My childhood was wasted.

A single tear slid down my cheek, and I tried quick to brush it away but Harry noticed and pulled away “What’s wrong?” he asked concerned.

“Nothing really… Just thinking about the book…” I lied through my teeth.

Luckily he bought it unwillingly. He knew something was bothering me. I wasn’t ready to tell him yet, I has driven many people out of my life, caused me great pain, and separated my parents, and this kind of thing can rip a family apart in a blink of an eye. When I was eight I was diagnosed with Leukemia. It all started one year in the summer; I stopped wanting to eat, I lost a lot of weight, became tired and miserable, and my joints were aching. My mother took me to Children’s hospital to see what the matter was, and then I was diagnosed. I stared the chemotherapy that lasted a horrific two years on and off. Lost my hair, I missed a lot of school, had no social life and wasn’t allowed to do almost anything. Living in fear, that the cancer would come back since Leukemia almost always relapses. I’ve been lucky so far so good. I had a scare when I was fifteen and did some maintenance chemotherapy just to keep everything in order. But since then I’ve been in remission. I’ve had it tough, but this was going to be my summer. The summer where I do what I want, when I want, however the fuck I want and I plan on making it worthwhile. So far so good, considering I’ve had the best few days of my entire life.