Chapter 5- "HE LOVES HER SOoooOooo MUCHHH!!!"

Val’s P.O.V

As I pulled away from Harry’s kiss, I took a deep breath, sunk under water, and swam as fast as I could to the dock without looking back. My head was spinning. Did that really just happen? Did I just share a long kiss with Harry Styles? I guess so. I pulled myself up onto the dock and started to walk back through the woods, alone. I should feel bad about what I just did, you know kissing Harry and leaving with no word, but I don’t. I don’t like getting involved, and I’m not going to set myself up to be let down once again. I am a mature independent seventeen year old woman who can handle herself just fine.

 “Val!” Harry yelled. I guess he was gaining on me, and didn’t take very long.

“Val! Wait up!” Harry yelled again.

 I just ignored him. I need to go home, well to Aunt Tally’s house. “Valeria! Where are you going? Why are you ignoring me?” he yelled once again, but this time Harry caught up to me and had his hand on my shoulder.

 I turned around and looked him in the eyes, but little did I realize I was crying. He wasn’t mad, but instead he looked very sad to see me sad, not sad because I ditched him. Also, he looked genuinely hurt. Maybe he isn’t a bad guy, not that I ever said he was. I wanted to hug him and stay like that forever, but I didn’t instead I ran as fast as I could.

 I ran back down the trail looking for an exit, or a way out. I was running and not thinking one bit. With tears streaming down my face, I wasn’t paying attention to the ground, and I ran my right foot right into a pot hole, rolled my ankle, and fell over onto the soft dirt trail. Now how was I going to get back to Aunt Tally’s house? Why do I have to be so helpless? I really did a job on my ankle because it hurt like a mother. Since the pain was so overwhelming, I stopped crying about the incident with Harry and began to sob from the pain in my ankle. I tried to stand up by pulling on the bark of a tree next to me to hoist myself up, but I couldn’t because it was too painful. As I dropped myself back to the ground, I screamed in agony, and was starting to black out from the intense pain that was causing me to come in and out of reality. Someone must have heard me scream because I could hear someone stepping on leaves and making crunching sounds as the person took each step. Soaking wet from the pond, I was shaking from the trauma to my ankle. “Val?” it was Harry, the person that must have heard me scream.

“Val?” He called out again. I would reply, but I didn’t have the strength because I was too busy shivering.  I was lying on the ground almost in fetal position trying to stay warm without moving my ankle.

“Valeria! There you are! I heard you scream? I was so worried,” Harry told me while he was bending down to my level. I just looked at him apologetically, and he understood.

“When I was running I stepped in a pot hole and rolled my ankle... I think it’s broken,” I said shivering.

I looked down at my foot. I had those stupid gladiator sandals on, and my foot was swollen and starting to turn bluish. Great, how in the hell am I going to get the shoe off without taking my foot with it. Harry picked me up bridal style careful not to move my ankle. He was gentle, but any movement in my leg gave me mind-numbing pain.

All I could say to Harry was “Thank you” before I black out.

Opening my eyes, I noticed we were still in the park, and Harry was still carrying me. I could see the rest of the guys now, but I was shaking so hard now.

“Hi guys,” I said to all four of them with my teeth chattering and waved weakly.

“What in the bloody hell happened to you?” Liam asked, sounding concerned.

“Hmm, Cheese-pants don’t hate me after all,” I said half whispering to Harry, who laughed. I think Liam heard me.

“She fell in a pot hole and hurt her ankle. Louis, go start the car we’re going to the ER.” Harry instructed.