After Story 3 - In Sickness and in Health

• Dedicated to Nelly Ora-Yuki

On a bright, sunny day, a luxurious white boat was sailing around slowly out at sea. Off the coast of Fuchsia City, the boat glided over the gentle waves with grace, as the low hum of the engine beat against the natural crash of the water.

We were out on the craft, enjoying the sunshine and the natural environment. Darragh and Alexis had organised it for us all to come out on the boat, which was being driven by one of the former's friends. It was a beautiful scene, sat on the built-in bench of the vessel, watching the water-type Pokemon thrive below the shining waves.

Darragh was talking to his friend in the cabin behind the front deck, where almost everybody else was. My mother and sisters were still with us, too. Bonnie was talking to Nelly by the metal railings, as the two of them watched the creatures in the water. Megan was sat on the wooden decking with Maruki, playing with him and his toys. Alexis and my mother were sat together at one end of the bench, talking extensively. I was at the other end, sat with my back against the wall and my chin in my hand, watching the distant birds flying around, and listening to the calming noise of the voices all around, coupled with the sounds of nature. My Larvitar, Rainbow and Jirachi were sat down with Megan and Maruki, having just as much fun as the little one. Snowflake was curled up on the roof of the boat with Nelly's Pokemon, Trixie and Patch, whilst my Empoleon was floating on her back in the water beside the us. Finally, Grovyle was sat back in a deck chair with his arms behind his head and his eyes closed. Everyone was relaxing as best they could.

Gradually, my eyes drifted over the scene. The land in the distance, the rolling ripples in the water, the cloudless sky... But without realising it at first, my eyes came to rest on Nelly. I watched quietly as she talked to my sister at the very front of the boat. My mind was completely focussed on her, as her lips moved to form her words. Her dark brown hair danced gently in the mild breeze, reaching up slightly before falling against her back. Her fingers moved gracefully as she gestured something, and her smile was brighter than the shining day. I became aware that I was staring, but I couldn't stop myself, as I blinked but didn't move a muscle.

Slowly in my mind's eye, Nelly blinked too, and I watched as her eyes closed for a split second. Her eyelashes moved with her eyelids to reveal her deep, deep brown eyes. Even the little things had me hooked. She swept some of her hair back from her cheek and ran a fingertip under her chin as she nodded to Bonnie. The end of her purple dress fluttered ever so slightly with the low wind, and she elegantly shuffled her feet. Nelly looked down and carefully picked up her pendant with her thumb and index finger, bringing it up to her sweet, perfectly shaped lips to kiss it. The golden heart on the golden chain sparkled almost as bright as her eyes. Gently, she let go of the pendant, and it fell back down to her chest.

“Are you all right, Toby?”

I looked up in mild shock at Alexis, who was watching me carefully. “Uh...”

“You've been staring at her for twenty minutes.”

“I... Uh...” I blinked, words still not coming to my mind.

“Go and talk to her.” Nelly's mother smiled.