After Story 2 - Swimming in a World of Sweetness

• Dedicated to Nelly Ora-Yuki

The water, cold at first, rose up over my bare stomach as I lowered myself down. The freezing sensation made me hesitate, as my feet slowly gripped onto the metal steps.

For my 15th birthday in September, my mother kept true to her word. She and my sisters came to visit, and I was reminded of old times, which made me very happy. A few of my friends had come back to stay the weekend, too, and Darragh and Alexis had arranged for us to visit the local swimming pool on the same weekend. They paid for us to use it for the day, and that was where I was now, climbing down into the water. I hadn't been swimming for fun in a long time, and I was actually quite excited to finally get into the water.

*

I stood up in the shallow end of the pool, with the water slowly rippling around my midpoint. The pool itself was indoors, and fairly large, both width-ways and length-ways. The depth also gradually increased the further down you got, but the deep blue colour of the water was truly magical. The building was part of a leisure club which also had a gym, kids area, restaurant and even outdoor pools. We were indoors because clouds hung over outside, but I didn't mind. The roof soared high above the pool, and glass doors allowed us to look outside at the shallow end. The changing rooms were close by, right next to the steps, and not a lot of us had come out yet. I was one of the first to make it out, and I enjoyed feeling the chlorine-filled water wash over my arms. Even the lifeguard was in the good spirit, chuckling to himself as Bonnie pushed Jake into the shallow end. I shielded my face as the splash rose up, and my sister keeled over in laughter as Jake resurfaced, spitting a fountain into the air.

Skyra was stood on the side in his trunks, next to a padded chair. His Flareon, Furea, was sat in it comfortably, nibbling on a cookie. He stroked his Pokemon and talked to one of the workers who was nearby. The man was clearly a waiter of some sort, and Skyra made sure he was listening. “If she gets hungry, you'll know about it.” He said. “When she does, could you please give her some more of these?” He handed the man a packet of cookies. The waiter looked back at Skyra with a look of disbelief and sorrow.

“Ok then...”

A splash of water jumped over the side and landed by the gutter, causing Furea to hiss before she continued eating.

“Thanks.” Skyra walked to the midpoint of the pool and dangled his legs into the water.

“Hehe.” I shook my head, walking around in the water.

I plunged my body under the water to get my body used to the temperature, and I came back up happily. It felt good to be in an actual pool again, and not being close to drowning in the sea. Droplets trickled down my shoulders and I wiped my face, looking around at the people who had come out so far. Bonnie and Megan were splashing each other, laughing all the time. It was nice to see that the two of them had a good relationship. Jake was floating on his back, occasionally fanning his arms to propel him along. Harry, Ethan and Xene were there too, but they were still in the changing room. The adults were also still not out yet, and Maruki was presumably with his parents. Nelly was still changing too.