After Story 1 - Angela

• Dedicated to Nelly Ora-Yuki

It could have just been a normal day, but it turned into so much more than that. With everyone now gone, the family had settled down into its routine once more, minus one mouth to feed. Perhaps recent events made mornings and nights even more wonderful...

*

Faint light trickled into the bedroom that morning, gently resting on the sheets of the bed. As I stirred, Nelly leant over and kissed my forehead. “Good morning.” She chimed.

“Good morning...” I rubbed my eyes, sitting up. She stood up beside the bed and I watched her stretch. Her silky brown hair fell down over her shoulders, and she brushed it back with her hands.

“I'll be back in a minute.” She smiled, before walking towards the door. In wonder, I watched her go. Every step she took, every movement she made, until eventually she disappeared behind the door.

“Hah...” I put my hands behind my head, leant back and looked around the room. There was the small bedside table on my side, with an assortment of small things lying on top of it. By the door were Nelly's chest of drawers, which only she opened. My clothes were all in a wardrobe to the left of the drawers, and beside that even still was where an image was hanging from the wall. The picture I had drawn for Nelly still hung there, and I looked at it with a small smile, before looking to the other side of the room. A mirror occupied the farthest corner, which was surrounded by some of Maruki's cuddly toys and a wash basket for dirty clothes. There wasn't much else, but it wasn't important anyway. As I looked to the ceiling, I let my hands slowly glide over the bed covers. The material felt soft as it sat over my legs, and once again I sighed. Right next to me, the bed was still showing the spot where Nelly's body had been.

Just then, the door opened, and she walked back in, closing it behind her. Her delicate fingers slid off the handle and she turned, her face full of happiness. “You ok?” She asked, noticing my hands grasping the bedspread.

“Yeah.” I nodded. Nelly slowly walked up to the bed, then climbed onto it, laying herself out so that her head rested on my stomach. For a moment, we just looked at each other, our eyes caught in a power too great. “You... You're beautiful...” I said finally, blushing a little bit less than she did.

“Oh, Toby...” She looked away briefly, embarrassed.

“I... I mean it, though...” I felt her fingers intertwine with mine on her front. “I wouldn't lie to you...”

“I know you wouldn't... I just don't know what to say when you tell me that...” She looked down at our hands.

“You don't have to say a word.” I smiled, squeezing her hand as she sat up.

“You're so sweet...” She looked at me lovingly.

“You know I love you, right?” I swallowed.