Chapter 13 - Visions of Old

Jayden, Nelly and I stepped back into the Apex of Time. Dialga and Palkia were waiting by the altar, and seemed pleased that we were still going to go through with it.

“Thank you once again.” Palkia spoke gratefully.

“Yes, it is much appreciated.” Dialga agreed as we all stepped up the stone stairs.

“So, how is this going to work?” I asked.

“I am aware of where the gems are. And 'when', too.” The blue giant began. “Therefore, with Celebi's assistance, I will be able to transport you to the exact location of a specific gem.”

“When you recover one of our jewels, I will feel its aura.” Palkia added. “Then we will open a time portal to bring you all back here, before you go to your next destination.”

“All right... Is it really all right for us to handle the gems?” Jayden wondered.

“Fear not, young time traveller.” Dialga dismissed our worries. “Whilst the gems are all-powerful, they are near useless when not combined. It will be of no trouble to you should you pick them up in your hands.”

“Excuse me?” Nelly asked.

“Yes?”

“You said before that it would be difficult for others besides us to all travel at once. So, what happens with our Pokemon?”

“Excellent question.” Palkia nodded. “With not wanting to disrupt anything, we will have to ask that you only bring one Pokemon with you per person at maximum. Celebi will need to stay here with us, so we suggest that you leave any companions that you won't travel with in our care as well.”

“But first, I shall inform you of your first destination.” Dialga said. “Luckily enough, two of the stones ended up in the same time, Gold and Silver, relatively close in proximity to one another.”

“Your first stop will be to ten years ago, in the Johto Region.” The one on two legs announced.

“J-Johto...” I winced.

“Toby? What's wrong?” Nelly asked, concerned.

“Are you ok?” Jayden wondered.

“Yeah. It's nothing.” I looked up. “Ok, we'd better get started.” I said, bringing out my all of my PokeBalls and letting my Pokemon out. Nelly looked at me with saddened eyes as she did the same.

“Your first stop in Johto will be Mount Silver.” Dialga said. “I suggest you take a fire-type for warmth, and a flying-type to take you to your next destination in the region, the Lake of Rage.”