Chapter 55

Amarie:

The doorbell rang. I pulled the covers from over me and got up from the couch, throwing the covers back over Chris who too into the movie to even get up and get the door. I slowly made my way to the door opening it. We weren’t really expecting company. Mijo and Sean were standing there to my surprise. I looked back at Chris who was still into the movie and then looking back at Mijo and Sean. I was confused to why they were here but I wasn’t going to be rude and not invite them in.

“Uh, come in…” I said hesitantly stepping aside to let them inside. Mijo and Sean stepped into the house.

“Who is it?” Chris asked still concentrating on the movie. I stood there not sure if Chris was expecting them or not.

“Can we talk to you Breezy?” I heard Sean say from behind me. Chris looked over and spotted Mijo and Sean and then looked at me. I looked away. I had no idea what they were doing here, and I didn’t want Chris to think I was responsible for them coming over. Chris stood up and walked over to them.

“Go in the room.” Chris demanded whiling looking at my outfit. I had on red boy shorts on and a white see-through tank top with no bra on, so I knew his whole reason behind it. Or maybe he just wanted to have his privacy with them. It probably was both but whatever it was, it didn’t matter. I just didn’t want to be in this awkward situation. I walked over to our bedroom and closed the door behind me. I wanted to know why Mijo and Sean were here, especially without Ty. It seemed awkward that way, especially the beef they were having. Maybe they were squashing it. I pulled out my cellphone and dialed Mel’s number.

“Hey boo.” Mel answered in a tiring voice.

“Hey, I’m coming over.” I told her.

“Okay.” She said. I hung up, got in the shower, got dressed, did my hair and make-up, grabbed my car keys and headed out. I walked out the room and noticed Sean, Chris and Mijo in the kitchen sitting around. I slowly crept towards the door so that I wouldn’t disturb them.

“Where you going?” Chris said as my hand landed on the door knob to the front door.

“To go see Mel and Carlos.” I said quickly. He nodded his head.

“See you tonight. Love you.” He said and continued back on with his discussion.

“Love you too.” I said quickly getting out of the house heading to Mel’s house. I needed to leave the house quick, it was just awkward for me, something I didn’t want to deal with.

Chris:

It was awkward and I knew Mari felt it, so I knew her reason behind leaving. I was unsure of what Mijo and Sean came over for but they didn’t seem like they had bad intentions. It just seemed weird with Tyga not around. Tyga was usually the mediator in every situation so if something was to go down, it wouldn’t end pretty and that is what made me nervous. I would have been starting getting gully but these were my friends – my brothers. Things needed to be fixed, soon.

Mijo and Sean sat at the island while I leaned against the kitchen counter, looking at both of them. “What you niggas doing round here?” I said getting straight to the point. Mijo and Sean looked at each other, probably deciding who should speak up first. Mijo looked down at his lap while Sean continued to look at him. I glared at both at them, I wasn’t here for the bullshit games. They either spoke up or be dismissed, those were really the only options. Sean looked up at me.

“Look Breezy, we came here really to fix things.” Sean started. He let out a deep breathe. I kept my focus on him, I really wanted to see what he had to say for himself. “I’ll speak for myself …” Sean said glaring at Mijo but refocusing on me. “I know I fucked up, but we are brothers, we can’t continue like this … we need to fix this shit man.” He said. My temperature started to rise but I knew I needed to control it. I glared at Sean.