Chapter 47

Chris:

“Those were good times.” Tina said laughing and I laughed along with her. We were talking for about 45 minutes or so just reminiscing on the past. She caught me up on a lot of shit that I didn’t remember and I was surprised of how good of a memory she had. She was cool and I could honestly say that unlike the other girls that I sat down and talked to, she showed no hint of trying to hit on me.

“Yeah, they were.” I said leaning on the table. I looked over at Ty and he gave the look. I gave him thumbs up. I know he was trying to make sure I was good with this chick. I had no intentions on trying to do anything, I had Mari. He nodded and continued playing video games with the boys.

“Is that Michael?” She asked looking at Ty with seductive eyes. I cleared my throat and she focused her attention back at me.

“Yeah that’s Ty. He got a baby on the way and everything, doing it big. You know.” I said trying to make it clear that he was off limits. I didn’t need to bitches trying to fuck up my niggas family.

“Oh, well that’s good …” She said trailing off. I could tell that she had a hint of disappointment in his voice. “So how about you?” She asked me.

“Me? Nah, no family on the way.” I said. She raised her eyebrow at me.

“Single? Main squeeze? Girlfriend? Wifey?” She asked.

“I guess you can say wifey.” I said. She looked away. Once again I could see the disappointment in her face.

“Christopher Brown has a wifey. That is something new. She must be … different … to really make it to the wifey spot with you.” She said glaring her eyes at me. Was she trying to test me? Yeah I wasn’t the type to have a girlfriend period or even be committed to anyone but Mari definitely changed that. She wasn’t even my wifey, more like my wife. We just didn’t have the documents to prove it.

“Yeah, she is something.” I said looking away biting my bottom lip.

 “Well I’m glad that we reunited. I’m down here permanently you know.” She said smiling at me.

 “Really, decided to leave the V finally.” I said to her.

“Yeah, like you.” She said looking down at her hands. Tina and I had a past and I was surprised that I hadn’t remembered it. I mean it was so many years ago. We were never official but she was definitely my main squeeze at one point. We did everything together. We were like good friends with benefits. She would spray paint walls with me, run away from home with me and even come with me when I was doing runs back in Virginia. It hurt her when I left right after I graduated and I never even said bye to her.

“Well we together now right?” I said giving her a halfhearted smile. She gave me one back. My phone started vibrating and I pulled it out my pocket. It was a text from Mari saying that she was ready to go home. I texted her back and said I was on my way back now.

“Is that her?” Tina asked. I looked up at her.

“Yeah, I’m bout to be out.” I said getting up.

“Well take down my number, so we can stay in contact …” She said. We put each other’s numbers in one another’s phones. We handed back each other’s phones. “She’s beautiful.” Tina said to me. I looked down at the wallpaper on my phone of Mari sitting on my car, looking away. Her hair was up in a messy bun and she sunlight reflected on her face perfectly. I smiled at the picture.

“Thanks Tina, see you around?” I asked giving her a hug.

“I hope so.” She said smiling at me. I smiled back over to Ty who was still playing video games with the boys. He looked up at me.