Chapter 53

Chris:

It had to be perfect; everything had to be perfect for her. Today made it officially two years since Mari and I had been together. She was clueless of what I had planned for her and with us not really talking added onto it. I was just hoping that this would make up for me acting so hostile towards her, especially when I was the one to blame for it all. I know I could change what had happened; I just wanted to make things right between us too. Tina wasn’t worth me loosing Mari. Why would I leave the one I liked for the one I loved?

Mari was curled up in the covers in the bed sleeping peacefully. I needed to get the day started and I knew she wasn’t waking up anytime soon. I pulled the covers from around her as fast as I could. She tried to reach for the covers but I threw them on the floor.

“Get up.” I said crawling over her in the bed. She groaned and put both of her hands over her head.

“What the fuck Chris ….” She moaned. I started kissing her neck up to her cheek. She lazily tried to push me away.

‘You don’t remember what today is?” I said to her. She slowly pulled her hands down from her face looking at me strangely. I smiled at her. She raised one eyebrow up at me. “You thought I forgot?” I asked her curiously.

“Well I mean …” She started and looked everywhere but at me. My heart sunk a little because I knew it was because of how I was treating her. I just really needed to knock some sense into myself. I loved her more than anything.

“I’m sorry.” I said dropping head in the crook of her neck. I heard someone walk through the bedroom door.

“Chris get off that girl so I can give her breakfast.” I heard my mom say. I got up off of her and looked at my mom. She had the breakfast ready just liked I asked. Mari’s favorite butter pancakes with whipped cream and strawberries, orange juice and some extra fruit on the side. Mari sat up and looked in-between momma and me smiling.

“Breakfast in bed?” She asked chuckling a little bit. I knew she wasn’t use to this but I wanted it to be special. I looked over at my mom who was smiling at me.

“You’re going to have an amazing day Mari baby.” My mom said passing Mari her breakfast in bed and kissing her on the cheek. Before she walked out she threw me thumbs up and mouthed me ‘goodluck’ and quickly walked out the door. I sat down in the bed next to Mari watching her eat her food. She was so adorable.

“So … two years huh?” She quickly spoke up looking down at her finished plate. I smiled to myself.

“Yeah … crazy huh?” I said looking up at the ceiling with a slight smile on my face. I was actually proud of myself. I always told myself I would never be tied down, never fall in love. Shit, I didn’t even believe in love. I never thought Breezy could be put to rest but Mari brought Chris out of me. Chris was never out in my 21 years of living but she changed all of that. She changed me, for

“Through all the bullshit shit and everything. We still made it.” She said looking at me with a slight smile. She grabbed my hand and intertwined her fingers in mines. I lightly squeezed her hand and smiled back at her. I pecked her on the lips. I got up off the bed walking to our closest to get the outfit that I bought for her for our anniversary day.

“Here, get in the shower and put this on.” I said laying it out on the bed. She meshed her eyebrows together looking down at the outfit I pulled out. She looked back up at me and started to grin.

“You picked this out ….?” She questioned observing the outfit. I chuckled a little.

“With some help from Mel.” I said. I pulled out my outfit out and laid it right next to hers. “I’m getting in the shower.” I said walking towards the bathroom. I stopped at the doorway of the bathroom and turned around. “You are welcome to join.” I said smirking at her. She jumped up from the bed and rushed over to me. She grabbed my hand and led me into the bathroom.