24

I lay, staring at the silver ring in the center of my palm. Tears stream from my face as I trace the engravement that reads Keyla. I wonder who Keyla was? A friend? Sister? Girlfriend? Maybe his mom. My whole body feels numb, from my toes to my neck. I wish my head was numb, to replace this terrible heachache! My head is pounding, my heart is breaking, my body is numb, and I am crying. I am a reck! There is only me and three other people in this arena. And I do not hate any of them. I love Bin. I'm not sure what is going on in my head about Cato, and Zane is like a friend. I don't know what I'm going to do...

Every once in a while I feel Bin moving or hear him mumble something, but I just hold still and don't breath, hoping he wont find out I'm awake, or crying again. But it doesnt work this time...

"Ariel?" He grabs my hand and pulls on it lightly when I don't respond. I look at him and his face becomes sad, "Oh," he whispers as he wraps his arms around me tightly. I dont say anything, just lay here, in Bin's arms, and try to stop crying, but I cant.

"You're freezing," He says. He reaches over me and grabs the blanket we used earlier and covers us with it under the sleeping bag. I shiver and half smile at Bin, I really do want to go home with him, but I can't bare the thought of Cato dying, let alone killing himself.

"I want to go home," I whisper when tears starte falling from my eyes again.

Bin hugs me, "You will, I promise you'll go home soon."

"I want to go home now!" I cry.

"You will be back in twelve soon enough Ariel. Back with Cinnia and Flicker and Finn. Back with your parents and Haymitch. Keeslie," he says.

I look up at him, "Did you know Finn never came to say goodbye?" I ask him.

He stays quiet for a moment and says, "He came to see me." Rage fills inside of me, that my own brother wouldn't say goodbye to me, but to Bin. "He wished me good luck, and made me promise something," Bin continues, "He made me promise that I would do anything to get you home. Even risk my own life."

"If he cared so much, why didn't he come to see me?" I snap.

"Because he was a mess and was afraid that of you saw him like that, you'd be scared," he tells me.

I take a second to process this, then I start crying more. "I just want to see him! To see Cinnia and Flicker! And Keeslie! I want to see them so bad!"

"Shhh, shhh," Bin hugs me, "Your the only girl left, you'll go home Ariel." I reach my arms out and hug Bin tight and cry. I must look so weak right now, I must always look weak. Always crying and throwing little temper tantrums! So I suck it up. I swollow my tears and take deep breaths. I soon fall asleep with Bin's heat making me drowsy.

I place my hands on my stomach and start taking slow, deep breaths. I push myself away from Bin, making him jump awake, and I run outside. I make it to the water right before I throw up the giant meal I ate last night. Bin walks over to me and pulls my hair up into a pony tail.

I sit down on a rock and sigh. "Why do I have to get sick now?" Bin laughs and I sigh again, wishing to just leave this horrible place. It looks about five in the morning and it's around 60 degrees. "Perfect weather. Wish it would stay like this," I grumble.

"Me too. I've had enough with too hot and too cold," Bin agrees.

"It is too cold for shorts though," I say as I rub my legs, the goosebumps making them feel weird. I don't have shoes on either.

Bin walks into the cave and gets my pants and hands them to me, "Here you go."

"Thank you Bin," I smile.