4

When I wake up, Bin's face is laying against mine. His morning breath penetrating deep into my head through my nose. I jolt backwards slightly at the smell and laugh a little when Bin starts to mumble random letters, not making any sense. I gently climb over him and walk to the bathroom. I look in the mirror and almost have a heart attack. I see some strange girl with orange and red cheeks. She has a black forehead and her hair is awful! 

I jump in the shower so fast its almost comical. I get in and just stare at the large control panel sitting on the wall. I press a random temperature and end up throwing myself back and hopping from one foot to the other, from Arctic cold water, to water that could melt your skin off your bones. 

When I finally get the right temperature, I pick a scent. Pine trees smells like home, so I don't chose that. I miss it enough already. I choose strawberries. I rub my face repeatedly. Until I am sure it is clean. I get out and wrap myself in a towel. I go over to a pad thing on the counter and place my hands on it. This sends vibrations threw my body causing myself to be completely dry. 

I walk over to the little microphone and press a button. I say, "steak and eggs." and in a few minutes I am eating steak and eggs on the counter. I go over to another pad thing. This one you pick up. I scan threw it and pick out my outfit. A dark green blouse and a pear black jeans. I brush my hair, curl it, and apply a heavy layer of mascara to my eyes. 

I walk out and wake Bin. "Oh I'm sorry! You should go back to sleep," I tell him. 

He smiles and shakes his head, "I'm fine." he says. 

"Well I still have to brush my teeth... You might wanna consider that?" I say before giggling. 

"Why? You don't like my stinky morning breath? I thought it was the hi light of overtone's day!" he jokes around. 

We walk and brush our teeth. While I wait, he gets in the shower and gets ready. While I wait, I think. I think about how great it would be if Paylor was one of the tributes... Then I think back to her announcements. She had said, "I, being a victor, know what it was like..." what had she meant 'she was a tribute'? She never was... The only victor I personally know, other than the people who live in 12, like my parents, Haymitch, and Annie, I only know Lime. A girl from 2. But I have only seen her a couple of times... But Paylor is not a victor... Why would she say that? I dismiss the thought when Bin walks out. 

"What are you thinking about?" he asks. 

"Nothin," I tell him. 

"Okay," he says as he plops down on the bed. "Well I am afraid that shower is gonna kill me before any tribute even tries!" we laugh together. 

"So what are we supposed to do today?" I ask. 

"I think we were supposed to talk to our mentors about our training strategies..." Bin tells me. 

"Well Haymitch is probably still asleep. Same with my mom, my dad likes mornings though..." I start. 

Bin grabs my arm and pulls me and says, "lets go!" I smile and let him drag me around until we find my dad. "Hey Peeta." Bin says. 

"Hi, I was actually just about to come talk to you both about training." Bin and I nod our heads. " Well, lets just get to the point. The Capitol thinks of you guys as Careers. That means we are going to act like them. Bin, I want you to show off your weight limits. Throw heavy things around pretty much. Also, spears and knifes. Ariel, use a bow. Try to get attention. Show off if necessary. I also want you two to practice your survival skills. Foods, fires, shelters, things like that. Understand?" my dad sounds so to the point, it doesn't even sound like him. We both nod. "Well then you have the rest of the day to do whatever you wish. I recommend the roof." he says with a wink as he walks away.