6

When I walk into the 12th floor I am immediately attract by Bin. "Ariel! You left! Why didn't you tell me? I thought he was going to do something to you! Are you alright?!"

I laugh shortly, but without emotion. "Yea I guess."

Haymitch walks into the room. "Hows my little spy doing? You find anything out?"

I stay silent for a long time, "Yea I guess. Its not very help full from where we just were though..." I tell him

"What? What is it?" Bin asks.

"Well... you all told me to find his weaknesses... and he only has one." I say.

"What is it?" My mom asks excitedly as she runs in to the room with my dad.

"Me." I choke out.

"What!" My dad yells.

"Wait wait wait! Just tell us what happened..." Nuddel says as he takes a seat on a couch.

I take a deep breath in and start talking, "He offered me sword lessons and took me to the training room. At first he just had me do my own thing while he watched, then he came over and helped my posture. He was holding me closely," I see Bin's body stiffen, "And showing me how to move when I go for a target. I tested my theory and kissed him."

"You did what!" Bin yells.

I ignore him and keep talking, "When I kissed him everything stopped. Before he was being like his regular self, rude and self centered... but when I kissed him. He was as innocent as a puppy. He sent me here after."

"Well that explains your outfit." Nuddel says. "But how will this help us?"

"I don't know." I admit.

"In the arena she could distract him and Bin could get him from behind." My mom says as she stares into space. The silence that occurs after is from us all understanding. I must kiss Cato, while knowing that Bin will kill him.

I run up to my room after it sinks in.

Bin follows me and grabs my shoulders before I can shut down again. "Ariel! Keep it together! You can handle this!" He tells me.

"I-I- I know. Its just...." I space out.

Bin's face falls to the floor. "Do you love him Ariel?"

I look up at him. "No! Its just- Its just like we were almost.... friends. You know, before I kissed him. We were so nice to each other, laughing and joking around." I feel tears threatening to spill, but I hold them back, for Bin.  

"I'm sorry. Its all my fault your in this mess!" he says. 

"No its not. You couldn't have controlled the reaping... Having Cilly's name picked was just bad luck... Plus if it never happened we would probably still be sitting in the woods, pretending to just be friends." 

"Yea, I guess your right..." Bin grabs me tight and pulls me close. He widens his eyes and makes me giggle. He sweeps me off my feet and holds me so I don't fall to the ground. I have to trust in his strong hands. Like I always have... 

"I cause you so much trouble though!" I say trying not to smile. 

"And your worth it! I would pay any price to be with you Ariel!" he smiles, and cant help laughing, probably thinking of all the things I have put him through... I think of a time we were hunting and a pack of wild dogs chased us. I couldn't get in the tree because I had hurt my foot running, he got out of the tree and distracted them. I practically had to carry him home because of the bight in his leg... And another time where I was in trouble with my mom and he lied to her to cover for me. He had a long night with both of our moms. "I love you more than anything!"