22

I scoot away from him and look up when water starts drizzling on me. We are still in the cave. In the arena. Bin sighs and places a jar under it. "What's this all about?" I ask as I take in the huge storm outside.

"It's been raining ever since I woke up two weeks ago. Congratulations by the way, you've officially been in this arena longer than your parents have." He frowns as he says it, "I think the storm was to keep you safe in here while you slept, and maybe draw a fight between the others, but nobody has died."

"Well, wasn't it Paylor's birthday?" I ask, "I heard that they were having a week long party. Probably took a week to set up too."

"Yea, I bet that is it. They don't want people being distracted with the Paylor Games, and want all attention to be on her," Bin agrees, "But if that is the case, then our vacation should be ending anytime soon..."

"Well, I say it ends now," I grab my bow and arrows and reach for my jacket. Bin hands me my sword, fighting back laughter. I roll my eyes and stand up to realize how dizzy I am. "Is that what's so funny?" I hiss.

"Pretty much, yea." he laughs, "You think you can just get up and go after weeks of sleep. No eating, no drinking? Oh, and I ate all the food."

"You are just full of great news!" I groan as I realize how hungry I am. But then I feel my thirst in my throat. "Any water?" I ask. Bin tosses me a water bottle and I drink the whole thing. "We'll hunt for our lunch or dinner or breakfast or whatever, eat, then kill the boys," I say.

"Ariel," Bin looks at me sadly, "What are we going to do about Cato?"

"I honestly don't know," I whisper as I grab his hand. "I couldn't stand it if I came down to the three of us, but I feel like that's what is going to happen, what the gamemakers want."

"Me too," He admits.

"I couldn't watch you two fight. Ever, couldn't watch one if you kill the other," I choke. Bin stays silent and the cold reality of it all hits me. The gamemakers will probably manipulate me into killing one of them... "Bin!" I cry. He reaches his arms out and I hug him. "What if I have to kill one of you?" I sniffle.

"I don't know," he whispers in my ear.

"I, I already thought you were dead! I couldn't handle it!" I say.

"What are you talking about?" Bin asks.

"You died in my dream and I went back to the Capitol with Cato. Cried the whole dream," I answer.

"Is that why you were crying?" he looks at me, "And tossing around so much?"

"I guess so," I whisper. "Anyway, we have to go get food. I'm starving!" I say, changing the subject. I am dreading even thinking about the two boys that are both in love with me fighting over me. To the death. Both big, both with deadly weapons, and both willing to do anything to keep me. Even worse, I dread thinking about having to kill one of them....

Bin nods and helps me up. We walk outside and silently hunt together, no longer needing words. We walk back to back when we hear leaves rusting from a distance. I guess, Bin can still die from another tribute. I can't. I pull Bin close to me and hug him tight. I rest my head on his chest and look up at him, his eyes are locked on something, but he is not scared, but slightly depressed. I slowly turn around and see him. A large smile spreads across my face and I run to Cato's arms. His shirt soaked from the rain.

"Cato!" I scream excitedly. He puts his chin on the top of my head and I feel him smile. "You left me and you didn't tell me why!" I feel tears stream down my face and I don't know why. Maybe from relief, maybe happiness, maybe anger. He holds me tight and I hear Bin walk away a bit and sit down.