Chapter 1

.

"No George don't". Vanessa screamed as she tried to get away. She froze in terror as he raised his hand and hit her across her face again and again. She felt the immense pain as each hit felt like her face was exploding.

"This will teach you, you bitch!" he yelled. "When I come home I want you here; no where else! Do you understand me?" He bellowed.

"I only went to the doctors appoi..." She started only to have him cut her off.

"And just how did you get there?" He sneered at her. " I sure as hell didn't take you." He placed his fists on his hips and paced the floor with his head down as he listened to her weak explanation. His body was tense with anger as he thought of all the things she was probably doing while he was busy at work. He finally came to a stop with his back to her.

"Mrs. Sheldon from across the hall took me George, she had an appointment there as well. That's why I wasn't here when you got home." She sobbed as she held her cheek that was on fire with pain.

"Did I give you permission for her to take you?" He yelled as he spun around and stomped toward her with hatred in his eyes. " No I did not," he barked as he threw his arms widely into the air," you should have rescheduled the damn thing when you knew I wasn't going to be home in time to take you." He screamed as he stalked even closer to her. He felt a sense of pride run through him as she cowered before him. He was so close she could feel his hot breath on her face. "I have told you time and time again, you don't talk to anyone." He jabbed her hard with his finger and almost smiled as she screamed out in pain from the force. "Not even that whore across the hall." His face was bright red as he yelled at her and the veins were bulging out on his face and neck.

She knew nothing good would come out of this. When he got this bad there was no reasoning with him; but she had to try. "I had to go George!" She sobbed into her hands. "I started having pains again." She said the last more to herself then to him. She was afraid of what he would do if she back talked him to much.

"What did you say?" He bellowed once more as he yanked her hands away from her face while he pulled her to her feet and slammed her against the wall.

She screamed again as her back felt like it snapped from the hit. Her head bounced off the wall causing black to tint her vision. She inhaled deeply trying to stay focused as he continued his rant.

" Are you back talking me? Since when do you back talk me?" He smiled as he heard her gasp and then whine as he squeezed the tiny wrists in his hands.

"No I..." She shook her head hard as she tried to explain what she was trying to say, as she tried to block out the pain of his grip, but he was having none of it. He released her wrists and brought his arm back as he balled his fist up. She screamed as she saw the big fist coming toward her face but she didn't have time to move before it came into contact with the side of her head. She felt the worst pain of her life run through her head and saw the black dots before her eyes as she crumbled to the floor once again.

She was thinking it was over when she heard him start to walk away, but she couldn't have been more wrong as he whirled around and kicked her in the ribs and stomach time and time again. She screamed in agony as she curled up into a tiny ball in the corner. The pain was so much that she threw up everything she had eaten prior. Then everything went numb as the shock took over. There was pain throughout her body but all she felt was the cold that set in.

" You are such a useless bitch." He growled at her trembling figure. " I don't know why I even put up with you anymore. All you do is make me hit you. This is all your fault, if you would have waited for me to get here this never would have happened. You brought it on yourself." He kicked her once more and left the tiny apartment while she groaned in pain in the corner.