Chapter 26

^^^pic of Nate

Trent sighed as he hung up the phone. He had just got word that George was missing. He had been let out on bond and was waiting trial for the abuse he had inflicted on Vanessa and killing his baby in the process.

Now he was missing. Nobody had a clue where he was at. He wasn't sure where he was but he did know that it wasn't good. He was up to something and he had a feeling it was going to be bad because Vanessa had finally pressed charges against him and that alone had pissed him off.

He sighed again as he picked up his phone once more and called his twin.

"Blue Sky Arc. How may I help you today?" Came the sweet voice of Heidi.  His brothers secretary.

"Hey Heidi." Trent sighed as he rubbed his temples. "If the old man in?" He always referred to his brother as the old man with her. It always made her laugh and lightly scold him for calling his brother old when he was only older by a few minutes.

"He is sweetie but let me check and see if he is available." She went to put him on hold and he stopped her.

"Let him know it's urgent and I need to speak to him immediately Heidi." He stressed.

"Sure thing sweetie." She said in a motherly tone. She had looked at these three as hers for years now. She had been a close friend to their parents and was deeply saddened by their passing and tried to help the kids out anyway she could.

"Hey bro what's up?" Came Travis's voice a couple of minutes later. "Make it quick I kind of have an emergency here and..."He was cut off when Trent snapped at him.

"Dammit Trav shut the hell up and listen to me. Vanessa could be in danger again." He sighed as he heard the sharp intake of breath through the phone.

"What do you mean? Where is she?" He said frantically.

"She's fine for now but I wanted you to know before she is told that George is missing. He has jumped bond and is nowhere to be found. No one knows if he's here or is he fled the state. So until further notice I am placing one of my guys on her to make sure she is safe."  He said calmly.

"Who are you going to use? He can't be old. He has to be quick enough to save her if she is in danger." He ran his hand through his hair again as he paced the trailer they used for the office.

"Calm down Trav I'm going to put Nate on guard. He's very reliable and has a very...how can I say this...well he's well trained in ways most military aren't.  So she will be in good hands. He is going to start working there in the office in about an hour. It will take him that long to get there but he will always be in sight of her without her knowing why he is really there. We don't want her afraid. I have to get off here and call her boss and make all the arrangements. She'll be fine Trav don't worry. I just thought you should know before I go any further."

"Alright T thanks. Let me know if you hear anything else. "

"First thing. Don't worry bro we got this. Talk to you later." Trent nodded at his brothers agreed reply and hung up. He spun his chair around and looked out at the city.