Chapter 11

Vanessa sat on her couch as she pondered the meaning of life. She was deep in thought when she heard the door next door open and close. She heard Travis's deep voice and shivered at the sound, but quickly shook it off as she turned the TV up a little to drown him out. Her phone rang and she picked it up without looking at who it was.

"Hello?"

"Hey girl it's your best girl." Came the sleepy voice. "I'm going to bed I just got home. I stayed over a bit at work to help with the most adorable little boy who had been in an accident but he's fine a couple  broken bones and a few scratches. He'll be up and running again soon. Anywho I wanted to see if you want to go out tonight? I'm gonna get a couple of hours sleep and then hit the town hard. You need to get out so I want you to come with.

Good," She said without giving Vanessa a chance to speak, " Pick you up around say...seven. Be ready to have the time of your life. Maybe we will get lucky and find the man of our dreams tonight. Or at least a man for tonight. Toodles Ness see you at Seven. Love ya." Then all she heard was a dial tone.

Vanessa shook her head at her crazy friend and thought about the guy next door. She thought he was the man of her dreams, but he turned out to be only the man in her dreams instead. She should have known it was to good to be true. Oh well she had a lot to do before she went out tonight so she decided to get as much done as she could. She wasn't even going to bother dressing before Shy got here cause she always had to dress her anyway so there was no sense in picking anything out because Shy was never happy with her choices.

Vanessa stood in front of the mirror and looked at herself in horror shaking her head. "No way in hell am I going out looking like this Shy." She said hotly. "I look like a twenty dollar hooker."

"Oh don't be so dramatic dear. You look H.O.T. hot. The guys are gonna want to eat you up tonight." Shy said with a flip of her hair as she reapplied her blood red lipstick to her full lips.

Vanessa looked at her reflection and once again shook her head at her friends choice. She had on a silk black strapless top that clung to her in all the right places and a red leather mini skirt that barely covered her girly stuff with six inch black leather heels that she would no doubt kill herself in. Her hair was piled loosely on top of her head with a couple of strands falling down around her face. This made her neck look longer and only added to the temptress look. She had done her makeup and gave her the smokey eye look and she had on bright red lipstick to match the scrap of cloth that was called a skirt. "What if I don't want to be eaten up tonight?" She asked with a slight blush as this morning came to mind.

"To bad cause it's gonna happen anyway." Shy answered in a sing song voice as she patted Ness on the butt and pulled her out the door.

As they shut the door Vanessa  noticed a beautiful woman enter Travis's and tears sprung to her eyes when she heard the happiness in his voice as he ushered her in. Her and Shy walked past and she couldn't stop herself from looking since the door was still open. She wished she hadn't when she saw the woman wrapped in his arms and him place a light kiss on her lips before the door closed without him noticing her there.

She came to her senses when she felt a sharp pain shoot up her arm. "Ow Shy what is your damn problem?" She barked at her friend.