chapter 32 (epilogue)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Pic of Sean

10 years later

"Uncle Trav" said the tiny voice as a hand tugged on his shorts. "Uncle Trav. " Was said more insistently as the tugs became harder.

Travis looked down to see his beautiful little niece with the cutest pouty face ever. He took in her appearance and smiled. She had long blonde hair that was swinging from the sides of her head as she tugged harder on his shorts with one delicate hand as the other clung to her favorite teddy dragging the poor thing by its arm.

He squatted down so he was more on her level and smiled at her. "Yes my beautiful flower. What is the matter?" He asked as he tugged gently on her long locks.

She looked at him with sincere eyes much older then her nine years and said seriously, "the boys are being mean to me again. They said that girls stink and runned away from me. That I should just play with Neveah, but she is to little to play and I said them that but they still won't let me play and I told them I was gonna tell and they said they didn't care." She stomped her little foot dragging a chuckle out of him which earned him a glare from his wife who was chopping vegetables for the dinner. He cleared his throat and turned to his niece. "Boys are so mean. Guess what else they are uncle Trav? " She said as she leaned in to him as he did the same.

"What is that my beautiful flower?" He said trying to suppress the laugh that was still trying to escape him. He watched her serious face and finally did let out a chuckle when she placed both hands on her hips and tapped her outstretched foot.

"I tell you what they are." She said firmly as she shook a tiny finger at his face. "They are mean and loud and rude and...and...they stink." She added with a critical nod to her head.

Travis burst out into laughter as he fell to the floor. He knew he shouldn't encourage her but he couldn't help it she was so much like Shy it wasn't funny.

He got himself under control and stood up not daring to look at Vanessa because he knew the look he would be getting from her. He loved her dearly and was happier each passing day with his life and the family they made but he didn't dare take her on.

They had been married for nine years now and he had learned a lot about her in that time the main thing was not to make her mad. So he brushed off his pants and shot a quick bemused look to her and caught the hint of a smile on her lips.

He walked over to her and placed a kiss on her lovely mouth before hoisting up his  nine year old niece and striding out the back door.

Vanessa watched them go and chuckled once they were gone.

"What's so funny in here?" Shy asked as she rubbed her growing belly. She was four months pregnant with another set of twins. These were another boy and girl.

Vanessa motioned towards the back deck and filled her in on the whole situation.

"You know the typical. The boys are always so mean to that girl. I wonder how she has lasted this long." She said sarcastically.  They both knew that little Jasmine Rose was not as delicate as she looked and could hold her own when it came to the boys.