Chapter 13

Vanessa woke up crying and a cold sweat covering her body. She had dreamed of him again. He had beat her again in this dream but this time she felt herself slipping away and not coming back.

She got up and went to take a shower. She scrubbed herself raw trying to get the feel of him off of her. Even though it was just a dream she could still feel his touch on her.

She skipped breakfast this morning, she just didn't have an appetite anymore. She had lost to much weight in the last few weeks but she just couldn't bring herself to eat much.

She saw some girl leaving Travis's place and felt her heart break a little. She wanted that to be her so bad but he couldn't stay loyal and it was for the best anyway with George still on the loose.

Her eyes made contact with his and she looked away before he could see her face to clearly. She knew it would show how she truly felt and she just couldn't let that happen.

"Vanessa?"

She picked up her pace and ran into the elevator that was finally fixed. When she turned around she saw a half naked Travis standing there with a pleading look on his face as the doors shut. She willed herself not to cry and steadied herself.

She raced out of the elevator and down the street to her new job. She had quit her last one because George had a tendency to show up a lot since he found out she worked there.

Now she was closer to home and this job paid better but not much. She was an assistant to a woman who already had a secretary but the workload was to much and the secretary needed help. So she is the runner for them both. Anything that needs done she is called upon.

For the past week she has been planning a very important benefit with their help of course but the majority of it had been pushed off on her. She didn't mind though she actually liked the planning and the hectic pace she had to deal with. It kept her mind off the other problems in her life.

She had just finished confirming the caterer when her phone buzzed on her desk. She picked it up and spoke to the person on the other end.

"What can I help you with Ms. Williams?" She asked knowing it was her because the secretary was out on another errand.

"Vanessa I need you to contact a company and see about getting them to donate to the children's charity. It's kind of a last minute thing because they just got fully established here. They have a company in New York but this one is a new branch and I might need them later on and they could use the help getting their name to the bigger dogs as well I bet. So give them a ring and see what they would be willing to do."

"Okay Ms. Williams. What's the name and number?" Vanessa asked pen ready. She nodded her head as she wrote down the name of the company and the number.

"The owner is a Mr. Colt so ask to speak with him. Get on this quickly Vanessa because we are short on time."

"I'll call as soon as I'm done talking to you Ms. Williams."