Chapter 10

Travis took a quick shower and got ready to head back to her place. Just as he left, his cell rang. He answered it as he walked into her apartment and quietly closed the door.

"Colt." He said into the phone. He walked into her room as he listened to the voice on the other end. He saw that she was sleeping peacefully and smiled before he left the room. " Whoa slow down. What did you just say?" He waited as she repeated herself. "I'm on my way. I'll be there in fifteen minutes." He quickly scrawled a note to Ness and left.

Fifteen minutes later he arrived at the hospital and ran straight to her. She turned around with tears in her eyes and threw herself into his arms. He wrapped his arms around her tiny body and pulled her close to him.

"I'm so sorry Travis. I just turned my back for a second and I...."

Shh. It's alright Denise. It's not your fault. It was an accident. How is he?" He asked trying to mask the fear he felt at the moment.

"I don't know yet they just took him in to get some x-rays. I don't know how bad he is yet. I'm just so scared. I can't lose him Travis he's all I have." She sobbed into his chest as he held on tighter. He kissed the top of her head and tried to reassure her.

"That's not true." He said as he lifted her chin to look at her face. "You have me as well. I moved here for you both and I am always here for you. Whatever you need all you have to do is ask and it's yours."

She sniffled and smiled a little. "You are to nice to me Travis. I don't know what I'd do without you." She stood up on her toes and placed a light kiss on his lips. When she heard a throat clear she turned to see the doctor standing there. "How is he?" she rushed out.

"He is just fine. Well he could be better but he will live with no major problems. His right leg is broken in three places and his right arm has a small break as well. They are all clean breaks and will heal just fine on their own with no surgery needed."  he said with a smile. " I have already set them and the nurses are putting the casts on now and he should be ready to go before long. I will give you a prescription for the pain and an antibiotic just to keep any infection from setting in. Mainly from the cuts that he sustained from the accident. Schedule an appointment for next week with his doctor to make sure all is on track and he will let you know when to see him next. The nurse will give you instructions on his care for the next few weeks and I will get you discharged and on your way. You all take care and try to have a good rest of the day." He shook their hands and left without another word.

"How is he?" A winded male voice said as he came to a stop next to them.

Travis looked up to see his younger brother standing there trying to catch his breath. Travis had called him when he was in route and let him know. He looked nervously between the two while he waited for the answer. They quickly filled him in and he sighed in relief.

"I can't see him yet I need a few more minutes." Denise said quietly as Travis rubbed her back to calm her.

"I'll wait here with her while you go." Trent said as he stepped up to Denise and wrapped his arms around her.