chapter 30

^^^^

This is the house they bought

Over the next couple of weeks Travis and Vanessa searched for a home of their own. They had found one they both liked and we're waiting to hear back from the realtor.  Vanessa had been unsure about the cost of it but Travis calmed her nerves by informing her that he had plenty of money that he had been saving over the years.

He had never spent much as he was always at work making more money. He didn't buy anything that wasn't a necessity not because he was cheap but because he never had a need to. His life had always revolved around his business.

Plus they all three had received a great sum of money when their parents had passed and just recently received more when their grandfather passed as well.

Travis never lived in big places. He never saw the need to. His place had always consisted of two bedrooms though. Just in case his brother or a buddy needed a place to crash when they were around.

But now everything was different. He wanted to buy a big place and fill it with as many kids as they could.

Travis sat at his desk going over some things before they shut down for the year. It was Christmas eve and everyone else had left to go home to their own families or wherever they had to go.

Travis banned them all from the premises until the third of January.  He had always figured that if the kids were out for the holidays then so should they. He made it out as a mandatory vacation. The guys never complained only hooted and hollered as they clocked out to go home. The only things that would be working was the new security team they had.

They had recently had some problems with kids getting onto the site and climbing the scaffolding.  Luckily no one had been hurt yet but he wasn't taking the chance. It was bad enough that they had to look at the big declaration of love that was a good three stories up.

Travis chuckled as he looked at the picture that one of the guys had taken. It depicted the caricature of a dick exploding into an open mouth with 'Davey loves Kinsley' under it in bright green.

He tossed it aside and started looking over the financial statements. It would be a while before he could get out of here and he might even have to take some work home. He knew he didn't have to rush because Trent was home with Vanessa.  The courts were closed for the week as well so he had come in the tackle the paperwork that had been building.

Bob had been taking care of most of it but there were some things he still had to do himself.

He had been slumped over the desk for hours now. He yawned and rubbed his eyes before standing up and stretching.  He was done for the day and decided to take the rest home and work over the break when he had time.  He had put everything into his bag and went to turn off the light on his desk when his cell rang.

He groaned and took it out of his coat pocket and answered it. After a few moments his face lit up. "Sure thing Ernie. I'm walking out the door now. I can be there in about..."He paused and flipped his wrist to check the time. "Five minutes. Uh huh. See you then Ernie and thanks again on the rush job." He smiled as he disconnected the line and almost skipped out the door with a goofy smile on his face.