chapter 24

Shy put the finishing touches to Vanessa's hair and stepped back to admire her work. She had given her an elegant look that was snugly piled on top of her head with small curled strands framing her face.  She gave her a smokey eye look and thick mascara on her lashes making her eyes pop. Her cheeks were lightly blushed and her lips were a bright red.

Shy smiled as she helped her into her dress and stepped back to take in the full look. She was very pleased with her work. Vanessa could pass as a model and Travis was going to fall over when he saw her.

"Girl you are gorgeous!" Shy  said singing out the last word. "Travis will be speechless and a walking hard on. "  Shy giggled as she hugged her friend.

"You are so messed up Shy." Vanessa mocked.  "Do you really think Travis will like it?" She asked smoothing a hand over her dress nervously.

"Please girl,"Shy said rolling her eyes,"He is going to be limping all night long once he sees your fine ass." She waved her hands forming an hourglass figure in the air. "Hell I'm wet just looking at you myself." 

Vanessa just rolled her eyes and helped Shy pin her hair up in the style she chose for herself.  Vanessa pinned  one side of Shy's hair away from her face. Shy was curling the side that was down as she chatted away about  various things.  Vanessa put the last pin in place and admired how Shy's neck was on full display making it look long and graceful.

Shy handed her the curling iron and asked her to get the parts she couldn't see. Vanessa curled the remaining pieces as she listened to her friend babble on and on about...well... she wasn't quite sure as she had spaced out on her own thoughts.

She was excited but nervous about tonight. She was glad it was almost over and the stress of organizing it was over as well. Now all she had to do was arrive early and make sure everything was set up properly. She was praying that everything went without a hitch tonight and that they raised enough money to help the kids out.

She snapped out of her thoughts to find Shy snapping her fingers in front of her face. "Anybody home?"  Shy asked with amusement on her face as she stood there smiling at Vanessa.  She had her dress on and turned her back to Vanessa and waited to be zipped up.

Vanessa shook her head to clear her thoughts and zipped her up. " Sorry Shy.  I was just thinking about the banquet and hoping it all goes well. I didn't mean to ignore you." She said as she patted Shy's shoulder.

Shy smiled as the amusement swam in her eyes as she shook her head. A small smirk made its way to her lips as she studied her friend. " Banquet, sure. I'm sure you were thinking about the banquet." She leaned her head to one side as she dabbed some perfume onto her neck. She watched Vanessa from the mirror as she did so. " I think you were thinking of a certain someone who is going to rock your world as soon as he can get you alone." She chuckled and shot her friend a knowing wink when Vanessa's eyes met hers in the mirror.

"I was not." Vanessa shrieked.

"Umhmm. " Was the only reply Vanessa got as she watched Shy look herself over before turning to her.