chapter 29

"I think we should start house hunting sweet pea." Travis stated as they snuggled in bed together.

"Why can't we just go back to the apartment?"

"Well for starters we need to start fresh. There are just to many bad memories there."

"Okay I can understand that I guess but it was mine. The only thing I had left." She said sadly as she ran her fingers through the small patch of hair on his chest.

"You don't need that place to remember baby Jacob sweet pea." He said as he brought her chin up to look at her face. "He will always be with you baby. Plus you have this." He said as he reached over to the nightstand and picked up the blue bear and placed it on his chest where her fingers were teasing him still.

Her fingers moved to the bear as she ran her hand over the fluffy blue body. She smiled at the face that looked at her without judgment as a small tear came to her eye. She blinked it away and snuggled into Travis getting as close as she could to him and hugged them both as she closed her eyes.

"You are so good to me Trav." She paused and drew in a shaky breath. "I need you to be sure you want to be with me and only me if we are going to find a house together. That is a big commitment to make and money I don't have if something were to go wrong between us. I can just move back to my apartment until we are absolutely sure this is what we want."

She squealed as she was flipped over and pinned beneath his massive body. His breathing was harsh and he had a strange look in his eyes.

"Vanessa I want you to stop this right now. You are the only one I want from now till the day I die. You are the reason I wake up in the mornings. If you were to leave me I would be a shell and walk through this life with no purpose anymore. No one is ever going to hurt you again. Not while I'm around. Besides like I started to say earlier you no longer have an apartment and before you mention mine we don't have it either.  That is why I want to start looking for a house with you. Your opinion matters more then mine and I think it's time to start the next chapter." He said calmly as he looked down at her face and used his thumb to wipe off the tears running down her cheeks.

"Oh Trav..." She paused as her stomach flipped and she slapped a hand over her mouth. "Hold that thought and move." She said quickly as she pushed him off of her. Well tried to but thankfully he moved and she flew out of the room and into the bathroom.

She had just heaved some of the contents in her stomach when she felt a pair of hands pull the hair back from her face as he sat down beside her. He didn't say anything as he rubbed her back gently until she was fully done. He stood up and bent to pick her up as well. He walked to the shower and turned on the the water and adjusted it for her.

"Take a shower baby it will make you feel better. " He helped her out of her clothes and into the shower.

She turned to him as he turned to go. "Aren't you going to join me?"

He turned to her and quietly shook his head. "Not this time sweet pea. I have some things to take care of but you take all the time you need. I love you." He said and turned to leave before he changed his mind.