Heroes and Villains

Rey advanced swiftly toward Luke, the dark side empowering her. She raised her dark blade for a strike. Luke stood still, then closed his eyes and raised his arm to call a lightsaber. It came to him, but instead of Anakin's blue blade, Kylo Ren's red blade came and ignited to block Rey's attack.

Rey continued the undisciplined and unrelenting attack on Luke. Luke blocked repeatedly and side-stepped, having yet to mount any offensive move.

"I will not fight you," he said, saying the same words he had said to Kylo Ren. He blocked more attacks handily.

"Why not!" she yelled in her rage as she then tried to Force-push him off balance.

Luke caught her push with the Force and threw her back a few feet. She slid with a wide stance and maintained her balance.

"Never again will I take the life of one of my Padawans," he replied.

That enraged her all the more, "As you did with my father! Was he one of your Padawans!"

She rushed at him again.

Kylo Ren had grabbed for Anakin's lightsaber weakly and attempted to stand. He was unstable on his feet. He lit the blue lightsaber and attempted to walk toward the fight, uncertain of what side he would take.

Luke saw him.

"No, Ben!" he called out, blocking more of Rey's attacks. "You will die!"

Luke knew Rey was unpredictable while in the grip of the dark side, and he feared for Kylo Ren.

At that moment, Chewbacca and Finn were seen in the door opening.

Finn stood not knowing what to think at the sight.   His mouth gaped open. Kylo Ren stumbled with a blue lightsaber and collapsed to the floor. Luke fought with Kylo Ren's lightsaber. Rey was in a furious rage trying to kill Luke. A mummified woman in a large, black canister glowed behind them. Four of Kylo Ren's knights lay dead on the ground, and above them all was a huge holograph of a hideous robed figure.

"What the . . ." Finn began.

Luke pushed Rey back again with the Force and again she was only pushed back a few meters as her feet slid on the floor. She settled her footing and then returned, this time jumping to land a blow from above.

Luke raised his hand and caught her in mid-air. She froze, unable to move a muscle. She floated motionless and stiff in the air, her arms poised to drop her lightsaber blade in a violent attack.

 She floated motionless and stiff in the air, her arms poised to drop her lightsaber blade in a violent attack

"You want to have the power to control your future, the power to seek revenge," Luke said. He raised his other hand toward the wall. The room began to creak, and the metal moaned under the tension. A booming crack erupted from the room around them. The walls started to warp inward. Snoke's image fizzled out in an electric spark.

"It will destroy you," Luke said. The room thundered under the pressure. Everything in the room began to rise slowly off the floor: the dead knights, the black canister, and even Kylo Ren.