2. Do wishes come true?

Do wishes come true?

I took a deep breath before stepping out of my car. Highschool was finally over but my dad didn't allow me to take a breath.

Even before graduating my dad had already made me apply to medical school securing my spot.

He was not only a well known surgeon but also on the university board and so everything was organized before i could even blink.

Even though i don't know what i want to do in life i really don't want to be here. This isn't my dream. It's his dream. Their dream.

My mother was also a famous doctor and both my parents always dreamed i would follow in their footsteps. Saving lives. A noble cause. But not one i want to be a part of.

I want to save lives in my own way. But since I'm struggling with my own identity how can i figure out what i want in life.

I wish my mother was still alive. She would have known what to do. What to say. I wouldn't be feeling the way I'm feeling right now. Living not only for myself but for my dead and living parents.

At least i wasn't stuck with those fakes from high school. I could start afresh with new people I didn't have to hide my true self from. That's if i could remember or figure who i used to be before covering myself with a fake shadow of lies over my life.

"Back is that you?" I was hoping it wasn't the familiar voice i knew but as soon as i turned the only question on my mind...WHY? Just when i wished to be free my past doesn't hesitate to bite me in the ass.

Tao approached me with a smile on his face forcing me to paste a fake one on my own while o forced out a greeting.

"I knew that cute little butt belonged to you. Where have you been? You went MIA soon after graduation. We all assumed you left the country" Tao spoke to preppy for my liking.

After all he did to me he still had the balls to smile at me like we were best friends. Oh by the way he doesn't know that i know what he did. Everyone just assumed i broke up with Kris for no reason and i was wrong. They are all just a bunch of hypocrites and I'm tired of all their shit.

"I went to America for a while but I'm back for school now"

"That's awesome I'm studying here as well. Kris and i decided..." He paised realising his mistake, "i mean Kris is also studying here. We are both studying law"

"That's cool. At least you won't be on your own. I'm in the medical field. Talking about that i need to get going or i will be late for orientation" i said grabbing my bag and leaving in a rush.

"Hope to catch up soon Baek" i heard him say but i ignored him and just went on as if he didn't exist.

I wish my ex best friend and stupid ex boyfriend would all just disappear. Too bad wishes don't always come true.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Thank you for reading and don't forget to follow my account to keep up to date with updates. Don't forget to like comment and share as well.

What do you think about this chapter and Baek's life?

©chubbyeol_jones