5. Will he ever give me attention?

Hello good people. Here is an update for you. Remember to vote, comment and share.

°°°

For all my life I was the centre of attention whether I liked it or not. I was good looking, had a rich father who was basically a celebrity in the medical field and was involved in a lot of social work where he donates millions for a good cause. This means he comes out on tv, in magazines, on social media etc.

This meant that the minute people knew my full name or recognized my from the few pictures I come out of with my dad, they would swarm towards me like bees to honey. They want to be my friends, meet my dad, get connections or just want money from me. This is why it's hard for me to make genuine friends. This is why I planned to hide my connection with my dad with these guys because I really needed genuine friends.

Not friends who want me for money and popularity and then stab me in the back and sleep with my boyfriend. And speaking of the dynamic duo guess who just walked into the same cafe we are having lunch at.

"Back...Baek...Baekkie..."

"Did you just call me Baekkie? That so girly"

"Well I had to get your attention and it worked. From now on I will call you that when you get lost in your thoughts again. You had that glare on again" Luhan said with a smile.

"I'm sorry about that. I got distracted"

"Does it have anything to do with that couple by the till that is displaying some serious PDA. They need to respect the public and my virgin eyes" Luhan said dramatically covering his eyes.

"The only virgin thing about you is the part of your brain that hasn't developed because you hate study. Other than that you're the worst of us. Also the only reason you aren't displaying worse PDA with your boyfriend is because you're trying give Baek a good impression of yourself" Kyungsoo cut in causing Sehun and Chanyeol to laugh.

I stopped breathing. Actually for a moment I forgot how to breathe because the sound Chanyeol made was music to my ears but alas all good things come to end as the last person I wanted to hear called my name.

"Baek. We seem to keep bumping into each other today. Is it fate?" Tao called put with a smile as they approached our table. I had to activate my fake smile again. At this rate my cheeks will hurt at the end of the day because of the effort I was putting in.

"Fate? No", it can't be that cruel to me, "Coincindence? Yes", if it's fate them in going to murder that bitch.

" I would like to stay and chat but we ordered a takeaway and we...i mean I need to go finish unpacking and Kris needs to sort out his things as well" Tao said and soon the couple left and I could finally breathe.

"Is it just me or that was tense" Luhan said dramatically, "Start talking or I'm going to start nagging"

"I'm also curious why you had to force yourself to be nice. Believe me I know the difference" kyungsoo said also interested in my business causing me to sigh deeply.

"The chatterbox is my ex best friend and the guy with the bitch face is my ex boyfriend from high school"

"Ohhhhhh...the plot thickens. So he like stole your man? I wouldn't have even smiled. I would have given them the look that says 'DONT YOU EVEN DARE BREATHE THE SAME AIR IM BREATHING'. Soo taught me his famous glare" Luhan said even attempting to glare which looked hilarious but i kept a straight face.

"I tried to teach you but you kept looking more like a 5
2 year old pouting over spilled milk" Kyungsoo said and i couldn't help but burst into laughter.

"I do not" Luhan said trying to glare again and that made me laugh harder as the others joined in. Oh there it is. The laugh that gives my existence meaning.

"I'm sorry babe but he is right. But it doesn't matter i still love you" Sehun said causing Luhan to smile and they kiss.

"But seriously why even give them attention. What happened exactly?" Luhan asked.

"We were at a party. I saw them in bed together. Broke down, got over it then broke up with him. Cut off all contact after high school. I thought i would never have to see them again but apparently they go to the same varsity. Just luck. You saw how they acted different when they saw me. They don't know i know they have been together since high school and pretend to be just friends" I explained.

"If it were me they would be dead by now" Kyungsoo said making me laugh.

"He is not joking" Sehun said and i looked at Kyungsoo and his glare scared the shit out of me. This must be Satansoo. I gulped reminding myself not to piss him off in the future.

The waitress came to collect our plates and passed me a note before winking and walking away.

I opened the paper to find a name and number on it.

My name is Jessica. You're cute.
0917272828
Call me 😘

"Someone's got an admirer" Luhan said excitedly, "Are you bisexual? Because she's totally hot if you are" Sehun glared at his boyfriend but Luhan assured him her was Sehunsexual and no other person mattered.

"I am bisexual but she's not my type" i said in response. The person i was hoping to give me this type of attention was ignoring me as if i wasn't there.

All my life i have been the centre of attention but now that i want it the most the person isn't even giving me a second glance.

°°°°°°°°°°

Thank you for reading.

Do you think Chanyeol will ever give Baek attention. What can Baek do to get his attention?

©chubbyeol_jones