A Small Hope

First idea the both of us had was to check back at the used-to-be-volcano. I mean, its likely he'll be there, right? Along the way I asked some of the very confused shapes if they'd seen a figure resembling him. They all shook their heads and just asked what was even going on in the first place. At the mountain we saw two or three flower shapes helping each other out. They each perked up when they saw Sailor and I sailing towards them. I could already tell that one of those flower shapes was Aquadite himself, which made me a bit more happy. He waved to us both.

"Hey! Cyan, was it?" He chirped when I hopped out of Sailor. The flower smiled widely.

"Yep, glad to see you're doing better." I said.

"Yeah, what even happened? I just remember falling and then.. waking up and seeing you again outside! Weird!"

I didnt want to tell him what happened. But I had to tell him the truth, even if he might not like it.

"Y-you got.. corrupted, Aquadite, and you dont rem-"

"THATS WHAT HAPPENED?!" One of the other flowers interrupted. He had a darker robe color than Aquadite and seemed much older.

"..Yeah." 

Panic spread through the two other shapes as they looked to the distance to see the giant pink tower than cut through the sky like a pink knife.

"Its fine, Its fine! You're safe now!" I tried reassuring them. Aqaudite just seemed plain confused by the matter.

"Its not fine, kid. What do you know about corruption?" The final flower said. She was a green color, and her robe was a mint color.

"I, erm, kind of saved you from it..?"

This time all of them had a reaction.

"THATS SUPER COOL!!!!!" Aquadite beamed. He actually got up and hugged me tighlty as a thank you. So tight that I could barely breathe.

"Mut Me Mown.. Mease.." I muffled. He set me down gently as the older flowers came up to me.

"How old are you?" The male asked me.

"10, sir." I answered with respect.

He paused before asking another question, "And how exactly did you 'save' us?"

"I.. purified a piece of the Tree of Life???"

It was the female who spoke now, "Thats... impossible, its just one plant not some pieces!"

"Say that to the big boy whos running this whole pink operation."

They just looked at me skeptically.

"Erm, I have a question?" I began again.

Now I had everyones attention. Before Aquadite was just staring at the distance in awe, just then looked back at me with curiosity.

"..Have any of you seen a cube like shape? He has a little tear coming out of his left eye, they're almost always closed. Little scarf, sweater, does this sound familiar?"

"Is that you're friend?" Aqaudite said. I forgot that he'd met S.C. before. "Yep." I responded.

They all said no. I bid them goodbye and for them to stay safe and went into the mountain for a bit. It was a lot more pretty, the pools of water beneath and beside me, the soft blue glows filling the area. By far more liked than the heat and pink everywhere.

One hour walking around looking for him. No success. 

Bummed, I headed back to Sailor and hopped back in.

We spent a while just sailing the waters and talking. He told me what he'd done while the volcano expedition happened, which was not a lot.

Eventually it seemed to get late, and I was getting tired. So I decided to take a small nap to regain some energy.

You'd expect dreams to be nice when you're outside, the comfort of the waves rocking you to sleep.

Nope. 

You're supposed to be a better help to everyone.

You were supposed to help protect him.

Hes dead, or atleast a monster now, you pathetic excuse for a shape.

Why should a fate this important be in your hands? It'd be better off in somebody elses.

You're weak.

You're useless.

You're no hero.

 Wake up.

Wake up.

Cyan, Wake up.

"Shut Up!" I yelled and jolted up.

"Cyan!" Sailor exclaimed to me. "I see yer friend!"

Everything was washed away as pure happiness and joy filled me.

"Do yer want me-"

"YES GO TO HIM!" I exclaimed like an excited little kid.

Which was actually accurate.

We sailed on for a while until we came closer to what seemed to be a tree floating in the water with a figure on it. I instantly recognized it. The tree was floating towards a pipe.

"S.C!" I yelled out to him. I saw him instantly look up and Ive never been so happy to see him before. S.C. waved at me, a smile spreading across his face upon discovering I was safe.

Sailor went turbo mode, slicing up the water and getting me slightly wet while I struggled to even stay on.

He floated into the pipe, and we sailed into it too. 

---

Clank.

Clank.

Clank.

Clank.

At first I thought we were entering a sewer. But upon further entry and hearing the constant clank and cling, I got the idea.

This was a factory, or industry.

"Yeah, industrial stuff isnt my favorite thing."

Oh shit. He was not going to be happy here. Thats the more reason we needed to sail on and find S.C. ASAP.

We came to a point in which the water stopped completely. Where did he go???

"Well, hop off, matey." Sailor said to me. I didnt want to go on without somebody by my side, but did I have a fuckin choice at this point?? Life really is gonna piss me off sooner or later. I went off though and stepped onto the cold steel. Infront of me was a sight.

A whole as industry. I could only guess what they were making, and maybe even doing to shapes.

S h i t.

This was gonna be one hell of an adventure. Yippee.

(Ayy, quick note, I have school starting up so chapters might come out a bit slower but Ill try my best! Im gonna be doing something to celebrate 1.5K Reads ((WHICH IS NOW 1.6K WOAH-)) )