Mistakes Aren't Fun, At All.

Alright so somehow it seemed 10x as hot than before which is absolutely fantastic. Our duo was approaching the top of this hell mountain finally. Not the nicest place to be.

We had little or no plan so far, so we tried to make one.

"Okay," I began, "One: snatch the triangle. Two: leave. Simple."

I got a skeptical glance from S.C. "It probably isn't that simple." He said, "There's only three of those things, so if we were closing in on one of them, Blixter has to have some sort of protection around it. Maybe a guard or some trap?" 

"Okay then there's a step before snatching the triangle then, which is to... stop the thing?" I had no clue give me a break please.

"Great to know we have such a good idea of what we're getting ourselves into." S.C. sighed.

I heard somebody other than myself or S.C. move. It was a small but audible scuffling sound.

"Did you hear that?" He questioned. "Yeah, no idea what it could be though." I answered.

The answer to my answer came though.

"Is somebody there?" Called out a voice. It sounded male. Whoever it came from, if they were talking...

"Holy shit." I said. Somebody is actually pure here. S.C. got the same idea aswell.

"Y-yeah!" He said, well actually yelled, "Are you alright?"

"No! I'm- Im stuck here!" The voice answered back.

We looked at eachother. It was time for a heroic rescue mission. "Alright, just stay calm, we're gonna try and find you!" I called out.

S.C. and I sprinted towards the sound of the voice, nearly falling down twice into a fiery and very unpleasant demise. It didnt take long for us to find the stuck shape. A blue flower shape was crouched down on top of a unstable ledge that leaned over a pit of pink lava. He looked to be somewhat around the age of 9 from his size and voice heard a while back. Like most flowers, he wore an aqua colored robe, but that was all that was visible. "Thank god somebody is here!" His face lit up as soon as we arrived. "Who are you, just asking." The shape added.

"And thank god we found you. Cyan, by the way." I began, "and this next to me is S.C, he's here to help too." I was used to having to introduce him because oh boy was he introverted when it came to talking with strangers. He gestured a little wave though.

"Sweet! I'm Aquadite!" The young shape seemed to radiate a wholesome energy. Poor Aquadite was probably so confused on what's happened. A pang on empathy ran through me. Shapes young and defenseless shouldn't become victim to the Corruption. Nobody should, no matter what.

I want to help people like this, people who have no way of fighting back.

Was this what that Barracuda meant by hero?

There wasn't any time for some sudden realization, because the ledge that Aquadite was on seemed to be breaking apart by the second. He wasn't safe there. Me and S.C. are gonna have to act fast.

"Are you guys here helping other people?" Aquadite chirped in as the two shapes under him panicked.

"Yeah, sort of." S.C. added in. Good excuse from "No actually we're  trying to steal a pink triangle Persona 5 style here." That would be a bit awkward if you ask me.

"Maybe.." I began brainstorming quitely outloud to myself, "if we wait for the ledge to fall, we could find something to catch him before he falls and burns... No no that dumb, we might be able to put something that can float or something under him.. No no-"

"Actually that might work." S.C. added in. "Something like a thin piece of volcano rock that can float if there's anything that exists like that?"

I glanced at the pool of lava to the left of us, and there seemed to be the exact thing he just described. 

"Okay, I'll see if I can jump on it and bring it over just a bit closer." That was my idea.

"So what you're saying is to try and jump on a rock that's too far and actually die? No way, not in this volcano." S.C. sternly said. Of course he is going to actually think a bit more logically than me about my safety.

I was getting fed up. There has to be some way! "OKAY PLEASE JUST BE NICE TO US LIFE FOR ONCE THAT WOULD BE APPRECIATED." I yelled out of frustration. That only made S.C. laugh a bit.

"Is everything okay? Did you find out a way to get me down?" Aquadite said. The ledge seemed to had cracked more and gotten steeper.

"Yes, everything is fine, don't worry." S.C. replied to him. 

We tried talking about some possibilities to get Aquadite down, but none of them seemed to work. Minutes and minutes were wasted, and before anybody of us knew it an ear splitting crack filled the space.

"Woaaah, it's wobbly!" The innocent little shape called out. It was now time to commence extreme panic mode.

I tried to run towards him as the ledge finally gave in to gravity and fell downwards. But it was too far and too late, because once I was at the edge of the rocky terrain we had been walking of for ages, arms stretched out to try and do something helpful, but to no avail. S.C. stood back and watched in horror as Aquadite fell straight into the lava, screaming as the pink substance engulfed him.

"no no NO NO NO NO NO OH GOD NO NO THAT DIDNT JUST HAPPEN." I panicked. 

A fucking child was dead because we couldn't find out something that might have been so easy to find. Shock and terror were the only two emotions my body was capable of feeling at that time and moment. Dead. Burnt to a crisp.

S.C. walked over to me and hugged me. He was trying to help calm me down. Al it really did was make me hotter than I already was wearing a sweater in a volcano. "It's not your fault-" He tried to say.

"No don't say that it's definitely my fault." 

"The same thing-"

"Don't you start with that. Somebody, no a child, just died right in front of our eyes, don't expect to just calm it all down."

"Cyan I'm trying to make sure you're okay not-"

"Just shut up right now and leave me alone." I squirmed out of his hug.

"Cy-"

"I said SHUT UP AND LEAVE ME ALONE." I snapped at him.

"Trying to help and look where that got me." He muttered under his breathe as he walked off.

Or tried to go a distance until there was a huge splash in the lava as a Corrupted burst out of it. That's when I learned two things: one, the rock we stood on wasn't as thick as expected, and two: Corrupted shapes are strong as heck.

The area where I stood broke apart from S.C's area. Fear washed across both of our faces and suddenly the lava was rising upwards.

"GO, JUST RUN!" I yelled at him.

"CYAN, NO, YOU'RE-"

"SEE THIS IS A SITUATION WHERE YOU ARE IN MORE DANGER THAN I AM NOW RUN BEFORE I ACTUALLY SEE THAT MECHANICAL BITCH YOU MENTIONED." 

He didn't budge as he was going out of sight. The Corrupted seemed to be swimming in the lava, causing my little island to rise faster.

"My god, S.C. I LOVE YOU AND I SWEAR TO THE TREE OF LIFE IF YOU GET CORRUPTED IM GONNA GO BONKERS." 

The last thing I heard that wasn't lava bubbling and crackling was the sound of running footsteps.

And I mean it I'm gonna go bonkers if that happens, you sarcastic little sad boy.