Reaching the Top

The small little "platform" of mine seemed to accelerate in speed as it shot upwards up this hell mountain. Lava was rising below me at an alarmingly fast rate. And to make matters 10x better, the Corrupted was swimming around in it, occasionally leaping like some dolphin in an attempt to grab and burn me. 

About the 2nd time it made a jump, I realized two very important things.  1- Apparently I did NOT witness a child die in front of my eyes , and 2- That very child, Aquadite, was the Corrupted currently attempting murder.

Great great great just absolutely fucking great this was a very nice situation and I definitely was having the BEST TIME OF MY DAMN LIFE YAY.

Rocky spikes that screamed "Hi I'm here to impale you :)" plummeted down from above. This was just one big mess, a 10 year old square child looking like they were doing the Cha Cha Slide on a rock platform.  

Along the sides of the walls were a mixture of soft comforting glows of blues, and the not-so-friendly glows of pinks. Those came from the mushrooms who decide to live on a wall. At first  it seemed like there were no pure mushrooms left, due to the pinkish glow of heat the lava underneath me emitted.

It was almost blinding how much pink a single space can contain.

Adrenalin rushed through me as I didn't notice the corrupted Aquadite nearby. A subtle wave of movement in the lava made it clear he was still there, just not coming up.

Which worried me half to death.

Then, all of a sudden, a huge wave splashed up, covering the entire platform for a few seconds. Out of just pure instinct I jumped up, hoping I'd somehow make it. My feet brushed the rocky terrain below me just as the wave ended.

And then the cycle of dolphin jump, spikes and Cha Cha Slide began once more. Another wave came up, which I barely escaped from. Suddenly, the spikes stopped falling down, and the corrupted Aquadite just seemed up swim around the lava passively. I looked up to see the top and what looked to be an opening just to the right of it. It looked like I could jump on the ledge.

Just as the platform collided with the top of the volcano, I leaped surprisingly gracefully onto the ledge in which the opening led out to. The landing wasn't as nice as the jump, as I made an impact onto the ledge with all of my four limbs. Not the best feeling in Paradise, Ill give you that.

A gentle breeze blew across the empty air, and sky a black color with only two or three bright stars peeking out from it. There wasn't even a sun. The star that gave Paradise a nice warmth every summer, spring, autumn and winter. Just gone. It felt empty. Reaching high up into the sky was a pink tower-like structure. The place where that bastard Blixter resided.

The one who was destroying and corrupting the world. 

The one taking the wills of innocent shapes and creating them into mindless and dangerous creatures.

The one who might very well be the demise of me. 

Turning my attention back to the volcanic structure in which I was standing on, there was a pool of, you guessed it, pink lava that bubbled and cracked inside of a basin. Floating on top of it, and dripping the pink danger liquid, was a piece of the corrupted Tree of Life. It was supposed to be a sign of safety, a tree that gave life to Paradise and kept the balance correct. Now it was the very thing that could fully corrupt the entirety of Paradise itself. It sent a shiver down my spine. 

My mind wasn't set on how to save it, but rather just having a moment of peace to get to know my current situation.

"Alright.," I began to talk out loud, since nobody was around to hear me, "So basically a 9 year old child just tried to kill me, i'm still stuck on this damn volcano, and my kind-of dad is gone-"

Panic panic oh sudden panic shot through me. Was he okay? Did he escape safely? Were any of the corrupted after him now?

Was he one of those pink monsters?

No. Think positive for once. Hes smart enough to figure his own way out of a tight situation. If anyone could escape safely out of a situation like that, its him. And, it'd also be him to figure out a way to slip past the Corrupted. Let alone become one.

The panic was washed away as I reassured myself. I sighed and leaned against the side of the volcano, letting my mind roam around in the cloud for a bit.

...

...

...

...

...

Splash.

Oh shit oh shit who and what is that if its a corrupted I'm going to throw it into a bath with a toaster.

Spinning my head around, I saw the very pink flower child standing very close to me, no expression or emotion on his face whatsoever. His once aqua-colored robe was now a pinkish color that seemed a bit purplish. Usually flower shapes have 8 small petal-like bumps on the side of their head, but now those were small spikes. Same with the tail, which was 3 shapes that looked like the head, but no face, for obvious reasons. The scarf he bore was a pastel pink. The legs seemed to be the least changed. Like every other shape, they were black. the only different were his shoes, which were the same pink as his skin. Most shoes in Paradise were slip-ons, actually. 

"AAAAAAGH!" I yelped as I stumbled backwards in an attempt to get away from Aquadite. He sprung into action, leaping forwards towards me. I barely managed to get away as I stumbled towards the side. 

I'm gonna die I'm gonna die there is no other option-

A staircase-like ledge caught my eye. It led upwards towards the lava filled basin, and the Tree of Life piece. Maybe if I could just reach it...

"Hault." I heard a voice all of a sudden. It wasn't from Aquadite, though.

The odd thing is, Aquadite came to a complete stop and turned to look towards the producer of the voice. I did the same. 

It appeared to be a Corrupted flower, but not like any other. He, I think its a he from the voice, chuckled.

"Well well well, lookie here. Our little star of the show, isn't it?"